Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Eldiablojoe

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 4, 2009
West Koast
We have the following iDevices:

iPad 3 (mine)
iPhone 5 (mine) phone number ending in 10
iPad Mini (Mrs.'s)
iPhone 5 (Mrs.'s) phone number ending in 11

We share a joint iCloud account.

We updated all four devices to iOS 7 a couple days ago. Everything seemed to go smoothly.

Until my Mrs. took her iPad Mini and, following the text prompts, one if them was related to iMessage and asked, "Did you want to use the number ending in 10" for iMessages. She was rushing through and must have hit okay.

Now she is getting my text messages and ones she sends me do not come through.

What happened and how can we fix it?? :confused:

jnappleseed

macrumors member
Jun 25, 2013
It's 2013. There's absolutely no need to share icloud accounts. Reminds me back when families would share an email address. One of you needs to create an icloud account.

Anyway, I had the same issue today. So after a call with apple care, sign out of iMessage and FaceTime on all devices and then turn off iMessage and FaceTime on all devices. Reboot the phones and you're good. But before signing back in and turning on iMessage and FaceTime, make sure one of you creates a new icloud account

Eldiablojoe

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 4, 2009
West Koast
Thank you, I will try that.

BTW- we share an iCloud account because we share the same contacts, notes, calendars, and photos. Seemed to make sense to keep all our devices synced via the cloud with a shared iCloud account. Maybe there's something I'm missing?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.