Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

parbar

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 18, 2011
Don't you think iOS7 looks like a cartoon of the previous iOS's? It looks cheap and one dimensional. No depth. They have to quit locking these programmers in their rooms and giving them an excuse for a job by just changing things for changes sake and not for any practical benefit. They have no idea what the public wants.

ideal.dreams

macrumors 68020
Jul 19, 2010
You can't please everyone. A lot of people actually like iOS 7. It's personal opinion and taste. Obviously everyone is going to have a different view. Making another thread amongst the other hundreds that exist on the same topic doesn't really accomplish anything.

pdqgp

macrumors 68020
Mar 23, 2010
Don't you think iOS7 looks like a cartoon of the previous iOS's? It looks cheap and one dimensional. No depth.

In all honesty, I do like the older design better but the reality is 2007 called and they wanted it back. It was time to mix it up bit. When they introduced the iPhone it was important to create a connection with users through the appearance of textures, etc. as most had never had a smart phone before and were more comfortable with such a design. Something like iOS7 might have been too simplistic and techie back then.

Now, those same users are faced with Android techie stuff and newer users don't need to feel as if they using a yellow notepad or putting books on a wooden shelf anymore. Most don't even read real books!

They have no idea what the public wants.

I'd say looking at sales over the years, they do.

pdqgp

macrumors 68020
Mar 23, 2010
You can't please everyone. A lot of people actually like iOS 7. It's personal opinion and taste.

Chevy is going through this same thing with the new C7 vette. Gone are the tell-tail round tail lights and oh my what a controversy that is.

If these are the worst things in life, we're good. :apple:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.