PDA

View Full Version : Does multitasking stutters for anybody else?

fel10
Sep 20, 2013, 10:56 PM
Everything is very smooth on my iPhone 5 except, sometimes when I swipe right when using multitasking. Doesn't happen all the time though. Has anybody else noticed this?

fel10
Sep 21, 2013, 12:39 AM
Anyone?

SJism23
Sep 21, 2013, 12:42 AM
On my iPad 4 it can be laggy, especially when exiting apps using the five-finger pinch. Although this is expected for iPad since the iPhone was focused on more.

erpetao
Sep 21, 2013, 12:42 AM
Yes me too

Daysight
Sep 21, 2013, 05:29 AM
Not seeing this on my 4S.

fel10
Sep 26, 2013, 10:29 AM
Yes me too

Good to know I'm not the only one. Hopefully the next update fix this.

Mrg02d
Sep 26, 2013, 11:00 AM
My iPhone 5 also does this often. I've got a lot of lag in other places as well. I've done a reset all settings and still have this lag.

I'll try doing a restore and setup as new, and restore a backup with just my contacts this weekend to see if that helps.

liteshow
Sep 26, 2013, 12:28 PM
Everything is very smooth on my iPhone 5 except, sometimes when I swipe right when using multitasking. Doesn't happen all the time though. Has anybody else noticed this?

Never happened on my 4s . I do however have reduce motion, high contrast and static wall paper on.

applelover1016
Sep 26, 2013, 02:02 PM
It happens on my 5s from time to time, software issue i hope apple will fix

fel10
Sep 26, 2013, 02:08 PM
My iPhone 5 also does this often. I've got a lot of lag in other places as well. I've done a reset all settings and still have this lag.

I'll try doing a restore and setup as new, and restore a backup with just my contacts this weekend to see if that helps.

Let us know if it fixed it.

juliainor
Sep 26, 2013, 02:29 PM
It was slow for me on my iPhone 5, it is very slow and mildly stuttery on my 3rd gen iPad.

It's fast and no stutter on my iPhone 5s.

Apollo 13
Sep 26, 2013, 02:31 PM
ios 7 runs buttery smooth on both my iphone 5 and iphone 5s.

farmD
Nov 1, 2013, 02:43 PM
My iPhone 5s stutters when going in and out from one app to another when I utilize the multitask. My wife's iPhone 5s has this lag as well. Funny thing is my brother's iPhone 5 and my dad's iPhone 4S seems smooth when going in and out of apps from the multitasking window.

Edit: at times it's smooth but most of the time it has that stutter. It's annoying knowing that the previous iteration has no lag at all.

Juanefny
Nov 1, 2013, 03:59 PM
My iPhone 5s stutters when going in and out from one app to another when I utilize the multitask. My wife's iPhone 5s has this lag as well. Funny thing is my brother's iPhone 5 and my dad's iPhone 4S seems smooth when going in and out of apps from the multitasking window.

Edit: at times it's smooth but most of the time it has that stutter. It's annoying knowing that the previous iteration has no lag at all.

It usually is vey smooth. However... I usually run about 20+ apps in the background and sometimes it will stutter and several times a week it will respring while multitasking... I've gotten two replacements and they both are doing it, so I'd like to think it's an iOS issue for people that run a lot of things at once.

jonnyb098
Nov 1, 2013, 05:02 PM
Yep, happens on my ipad 4. I'm reading similar reports even on the ipad air. Still buggy software on 7.0.3.

Juanefny
Nov 1, 2013, 05:21 PM
Yep, happens on my ipad 4. I'm reading similar reports even on the ipad air. Still buggy software on 7.0.3.

Where r u seeing that? I'm eager to confirm this is software and not an issue with my phone...

jonnyb098
Nov 1, 2013, 06:07 PM
Where r u seeing that? I'm eager to confirm this is software and not an issue with my phone...

I read it somewhere on the forum here. It doesn't surprise me at all. The ipad 4 is more than powerful enough to deal with this simple animations.