PDA

View Full Version : Music issue with large playlist

DaGrandMastah
Sep 21, 2013, 01:35 AM
Ok so just to explain, i have a large "artist" cateogry in itunes made up of over a 100 albums...each one representing an artist. I put all the singles, besides, etc that otherwise aren't on albums in there. I have never had problems accessing it on the iOS in my life but all of a sudden now I'm having opening the artist (the system basically freezes and it takes about 5-10 seconds to open up the list). Further, they're completely out of order for no apparent reason.

Does anyone have a similar issue?

Cell-666
Sep 21, 2013, 01:53 AM
I feel your pain. I use the music player a lot, lots of travelling. I have a iTunes Match account with some 19,000 files.

I've been having major freeze problem when try to download an album, try downloading and album and play at the same time, took me five minute to get the thing to start behaving.
Streaming from the cloud database take a while to kick it unlike before where it was just about instant, I'm getting more small gaps when playing stuff. They've changed some of the functionality too, like not been able to repeat and album if you have selected the album from artist view, but you can if you have selected an album from album view, how silly is that ?

I really like iOS7 on the iphone although they need to work harder on the iPad version, but seems they still haven't finished the code yet, bad apple, bad bad Apple.

DaGrandMastah
Sep 21, 2013, 01:57 AM
I feel your pain. I use the music player a lot, lots of travelling. I have a iTunes Match account with some 19,000 files.

I've been having major freeze problem when try to download an album, try downloading and album and play at the same time, took me five minute to get the thing to start behaving.
Streaming from the cloud database take a while to kick it unlike before where it was just about instant, I'm getting more small gaps when playing stuff. They've changed some of the functionality too, like not been able to repeat and album if you have selected the album from artist view, but you can if you have selected an album from album view, how silly is that ?

I really like iOS7 on the iphone although they need to work harder on the iPad version, but seems they still haven't finished the code yet, bad apple, bad bad Apple.

I never used itunes match so what exactly do you mean by downloading? Are you having problems actually accessing the music through wifi? My issue sounds similar in that it's taking forever to load up this 1 "artist" made up of someting like a 100 albums. It NEVER gave me problems before. I really like most everything else although also not a fan of how you can't get an overview of all the albums you have when you click on an artist. I can get used to that though....this glitch though with loading up large artist albums really sucks cause i use that alot.

Cell-666
Sep 21, 2013, 02:11 AM
I never used itunes match so what exactly do you mean by downloading? Are you having problems actually accessing the music through wifi? My issue sounds similar in that it's taking forever to load up this 1 "artist" made up of someting like a 100 albums. It NEVER gave me problems before. I really like most everything else although also not a fan of how you can't get an overview of all the albums you have when you click on an artist. I can get used to that though....this glitch though with loading up large artist albums really sucks cause i use that alot.

Yeah downloading from my iTunes Match database either over wifi or 4g, you can do the same for any iTunes purchases. Just all seems a lot more sticky than previous. I remember ios5 was a bit like this on release, it got sorted eventually.

DaGrandMastah
Sep 21, 2013, 10:17 PM
As an update, I tried to move the full list of songs onto my wife's iphone and I had the exact same problem. I was wondering if it might have been my backup but it appears that this is an issue with all the phones (or at least hte 2 in my house).