PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone else get annoyed by notifications blurring the lock screen?

eat me
Sep 21, 2013, 05:36 AM
One thing that bothers me more than anything else with iOS 7 is how as soon as you get a notification it blurs your lock screen until you unlock your phone.

I have a nice wallpaper on my lockscreen that I'm so happy to see not being obscured by sliders and time like on iOS 6, but WTF is the point of having a beautiful lock screen if it's blurred to hell as soon as you get an e-mail?

Or at work, there's a Starbuck nearby, so I have a pass on my lock screen displaying permanently, blurring it to a funny brown colour for the next 8 hours.

Not cool :(.

maflynn
Sep 21, 2013, 05:38 AM
Nope, I'm good with it. When there's a notification, I'm more interested in reading that then viewing the background behind it.

Curun
Sep 21, 2013, 06:03 AM
Nope, I really really like it. A nice touch by Apple.

With the earth paper, it makes a nice blurry diagonal blue haze right behind notifications and lockscreen pad.

It also helps legibility of notifications,

Kidder1994
Sep 21, 2013, 12:38 PM
I really like the blur efect too, BUT something i really dislike is the transition from the blurred notification lockscreen to the normal lockscreen, the blur dissapears so awkwardly

JetBlack7
Sep 21, 2013, 12:50 PM
Nope, I'm good with it. When there's a notification, I'm more interested in reading that then viewing the background behind it.

This is also what i think.

3bs
Sep 21, 2013, 12:56 PM
I hate it too. One of the few things in iOS7 that I just can't stand.

Why won't Apple just give us on/off switches for simple things like this that would make everyone happy..

dekadent
Sep 21, 2013, 01:42 PM
I hate it too. One of the few things in iOS7 that I just can't stand.

Why won't Apple just give us on/off switches for simple things like this that would make everyone happy..

In order to please everybody that would mean a whole lot of switches, because it seems as if some people are bothered with each and every detail of the OS.

Would YOU want to scroll through a list of 250 switches to find the specific one that YOU are bothered about?

3bs
Sep 21, 2013, 01:45 PM
In order to please everybody that would mean a whole lot of switches, because it seems as if some people are bothered with each and every detail of the OS.

Would YOU want to scroll through a list of 250 switches to find the specific one that YOU are bothered about?

There aren't that many things to customise. I get where you're coming from but we all know Apple always gives us way less options to customise things than other manufacturers.

dan1000
Sep 21, 2013, 01:52 PM
Yes. I don't like it. When it happens, I don't see what I'm used to seeing, and wonder what's wrong.

Now, will I get used to it? I suppose so. But it is difficult for me to see this change as an improvement.

betabeta
Sep 21, 2013, 01:55 PM
Thanks a lot, I was fine with it until you made me really think about it:D It's no big deal, but options in settings with different styles of notifications would be real nice.

beysus
Sep 21, 2013, 02:01 PM
No, I think it looks great, depending on your background of course.

DollaTwentyFive
Sep 21, 2013, 02:09 PM
I like it I just wish notifications were smaller like in os6 so that you would be able to see more at one time.

bjb.butler
Sep 21, 2013, 02:15 PM
but we all know Apple always gives us way less options to customise things than other manufacturers.

Then it should be no surprise :rolleyes:

bbfc
Sep 21, 2013, 02:21 PM

Exactly. How many times have we heard that on this forum. We can't have a setting for everything.

3bs
Sep 21, 2013, 02:38 PM
Then it should be no surprise :rolleyes:

It's not but that doesn't make it any better.

tayshon
Sep 21, 2013, 02:45 PM
Not a big fan of it, but since all you have to do is pull down Notification Center and it goes alway, I can live with it

Altis
Sep 21, 2013, 03:25 PM
You can disable having the notifications show on the lock screen, if I recall correctly.

The blurring is used to allow you to read the text over it. It did it in iOS 7 too, but would put it in an opaque box instead (still blocking the background) or in a thin wide box across the screen.

Wayfarer
Sep 21, 2013, 03:33 PM
Solution: Disable lock screen notifications in Settings > Notification Center:cool:

eat me
Sep 23, 2013, 03:18 PM
thanks guys, I know I can disable this. I guess I just wish it wouldn't blur it, but partly tint, or something. I guess it's time to change the wallpaper...

Gmerdude
Sep 23, 2013, 04:03 PM
thanks guys, I know I can disable this. I guess I just wish it wouldn't blur it, but partly tint, or something. I guess it's time to change the wallpaper...

Wait for a jailbreak and then you can do what your wishing to do

djtech42
Sep 23, 2013, 04:05 PM
Solution: Disable lock screen notifications in Settings > Notification Center:cool:

Aah :eek: COMIC SAAAANSS!!!!