PDA

View Full Version : Bug check - Podcast app

sdilley14
Sep 21, 2013, 08:13 AM
When listening to a podcast on the native Podcast app, every time the screen times out and I hit the power or home button to wake the screen, the podcast continues to play...BUT, when I swipe to unlock the screen, it pauses the podcast, and I have to go into the app and hit play again. Happens every time. :/ Anyone else having this issue?

sdilley14
Sep 21, 2013, 07:48 PM
Anyone?

darngooddesign
Sep 21, 2013, 09:01 PM
Mine doesn't do that.

morphineseason
Sep 21, 2013, 09:15 PM
Try closing out any background processes that might have been playing audio or video (YouTube, Safari, music, etc.). The YouTube app in particular has caused this issue for me a couple times now.

sdilley14
Sep 23, 2013, 03:06 PM
This seems to be an "on again, off again" issue for me. It was doing it earlier this weekend, then it stopped, and now it's doing it again today.

I was also having an issue with the Music app. I would be listening to a song, unlock the phone, and when I would unlock the phone it would wind the song back anywhere from 5 to 30 seconds.

Both apps just generally seem to be acting buggy to me. No background apps or anything like that that would be causing interference, just having some strange issues whenever I have any type of audio playing and I go from a locked to unlocked state on the phone. Weird.

Armen
Sep 23, 2013, 03:08 PM
When listening to a podcast on the native Podcast app, every time the screen times out and I hit the power or home button to wake the screen, the podcast continues to play...BUT, when I swipe to unlock the screen, it pauses the podcast, and I have to go into the app and hit play again. Happens every time. :/ Anyone else having this issue?

I listen to Twit.Tv podcasts all the time with the screen off and it doesn't time out for me.