PDA

View Full Version : Select for Cut, Copy Paste more difficult on iOS 7?

KeanosMagicHat
Sep 21, 2013, 08:32 AM
Are other forum members finding it more difficult to select text for cut, copy, paste etc on iOS 7?

When trying to drag the blue dot to highlight text, I find myself too often clicking one of the buttons to paste, replace and other functions.

They seem to be too closely placed to the selected text for me and get in the way.

It has been this way for me during the Beta process as well, but I waited to mention it in the hope that Apple would resolve the more major issues first.

I'm on a 4S by the way, perhaps those with larger screens might not experience this?

tazdevl
Sep 21, 2013, 08:42 AM
Yeah. Noticed that too, especially when trying to select text in a sent email.

nwriko
Jan 5, 2014, 04:07 AM
Yes! Glad I'm not the only one. I find myself regularly having to repeat text selection process for cut and paste.. in mail it really works badly. it was better on the original 1.1.1!

C DM
Jan 5, 2014, 09:24 AM
Yes! Glad I'm not the only one. I find myself regularly having to repeat text selection process for cut and paste.. in mail it really works badly. it was better on the original 1.1.1!in 1.1.1 where it didn't exist at all...

sunking101
Jan 5, 2014, 10:17 AM
Yes, when dragging to select a larger area I find that the select/copy etc buttons are way too near the cursor. Also, when dragging to the bottom of the page the selected area does not scroll down automatically. I have to release my thumb from the cursor, scroll the page down manually and then select the cursor again to continue dragging. This is all very longwinded but more annoyingly, the likelihood of errors and having to start the whole tedious process again is very high.

sixrom
Jan 5, 2014, 10:21 AM
Yeah. Noticed that too, especially when trying to select text in a sent email.

It's true, I'm still in awe how Apple screwed up a previously good mobile OS.

MrGuder
Jan 5, 2014, 06:36 PM
oh great...another simple action made cumbersome in iOS7. I use this feature ALL the time on my phone with iOS6.

sb22
Jan 7, 2014, 06:08 AM
I find it more rough too. Also when I select a URL sometimes the options for copy and paste wont appear until I've reloaded the page.

nwriko
Jan 7, 2014, 03:28 PM
in 1.1.1 where it didn't exist at all...

Very helpful thanks.
I apologize for the mistake. Let me try and rephrase it so as to make it believable.
"it was better in the original version"
Is that ok?

C DM
Jan 7, 2014, 03:36 PM
Very helpful thanks.
I apologize for the mistake. Let me try and rephrase it so as to make it believable.
"it was better in the original version"
Is that ok?Sure, at least the useful information isn't undermined by some sort of incorrect hyperbolic statement, as often happens unfortunately.