PDA

View Full Version : Sloppy UI in Places

Blakeasd
Sep 21, 2013, 08:53 AM
Before I begin, I'm a fan of the new UI, but there are some places for improvement.

Take a look at this tumblr page:

http://sloppyui.tumblr.com

It highlights some of the design hiccups across iOS 7. I feel that Apple will pay more attention and fix these minor problems if a mass of developers upload bug reports.

Would any developers here on the forum be willing to upload bug reports for some of these issues?

darngooddesign
Sep 21, 2013, 09:14 AM
Some are valid and some might be beta issues they're still showing. For example, the messages one they show only happens if you pause an animation part way throughout, I don't notice it as an issue because it happens so quickly.

Another example is the badge overlapping the lower case g in Orange. You won't have this issue if your carrier is in all caps like AT&T or gas no lower case letters with descenders. If they needed to keep the spacing as it is the obvious solution would be to make all carrier names All caps.

BenTrovato
Sep 21, 2013, 09:17 AM
It's hard to disagree, there is sloppiness in this release. Perhaps this is the result of releasing a major iOS on the most devices they've ever had to support.

I still like it despite it's shortcomings although it's not what we are used to from Apple.

jaymzuk
Sep 21, 2013, 09:44 AM
It's hard to disagree, there is sloppiness in this release. Perhaps this is the result of releasing a major iOS on the most devices they've ever had to support.

I still like it despite it's shortcomings although it's not what we are used to from Apple.

I don't think the number of devices really holds water, given there are only two real resolutions that iOS has to play nicely with.

It's disappointing that these flaws didn't get picked up in the beta testing process, but that said, none of UI glitches found are significant enough to impinge on the overall user experience.

spaceballl
Sep 21, 2013, 09:52 AM
I haven't seen most of those issues, but some I have - As long as you went through the trouble of creating a tumblr page, submit a bug report about the UI and include the link - it can't hurt!

Chazz08
Sep 21, 2013, 10:28 AM
Before I begin, I'm a fan of the new UI, but there are some places for improvement.

Take a look at this tumblr page:

http://sloppyui.tumblr.com

It highlights some of the design hiccups across iOS 7. I feel that Apple will pay more attention and fix these minor problems if a mass of developers upload bug reports.

Would any developers here on the forum be willing to upload bug reports for some of these issues?

Most of those, if not all of them, were in the betas that I had. Right now, I don't have any of those anymore.

TommyA6
Sep 21, 2013, 11:38 AM
It think majority, if not all of those are fixed. OP, try to replicate those issues and post screenshots here

Cougarcat
Sep 21, 2013, 11:42 AM

It has nothing to do with the number of devices, it has to do with the fact that they didn't start working on the overhaul til Forstall left in October.