PDA

View Full Version : Alarm problems with iOS 7

Impuls3101
Sep 21, 2013, 10:01 AM
I am on a 4s and use my iPhone as my alarm clock. I have had 3 morning where it hasn't gone off in the last week. It worked the first time I updated to iOS 7 but the default sound was so soft I slept through it. I have since changed the tone and I am still have problems with it not going off. Last night I set again and it didn't go off but now it is showing me that the alarm is on for tomorrow morning. :confused: . 3rd party apps seem to work fine its just the built in alarm is hit or miss now.

This is just a fyi to everyone that I would use another alarm clock if you rely on your iPhone.

knightlie
Sep 24, 2013, 01:45 AM
I am on a 4s and use my iPhone as my alarm clock. I have had 3 morning where it hasn't gone off in the last week. It worked the first time I updated to iOS 7 but the default sound was so soft I slept through it. I have since changed the tone and I am still have problems with it not going off. Last night I set again and it didn't go off but now it is showing me that the alarm is on for tomorrow morning. :confused: . 3rd party apps seem to work fine its just the built in alarm is hit or miss now.

This is just a fyi to everyone that I would use another alarm clock if you rely on your iPhone.

I've missed the alarm twice now, once using Rise and once with the built in alarm - both times I Wake to find the alarm message on the lock screen and no sound. I guess I'll have to dig out my old digital watch from somewhere...

chambone
Sep 24, 2013, 01:57 AM
Must be some setting guys. I use two alarms on weekday mornings on my 4S and they wake me up fine, as they did with iOS 6. I'm using 'opening' which is the default sound I think. A thing to note is that I didn't actualy set the alarms in iOS 7, but they carried over from backup.

nsnarayan10
Sep 24, 2013, 03:52 AM

I havent had any problem so far with the Alarm and when a new update is out issues vary from person to person and this probably looks like a bug in ios7 and I heard ios 7xx is in testing,so wait for them!

tkwolf
Sep 24, 2013, 04:57 AM
As a medstudent, I have missed two lab sessions because of this. It is frustrating. Apple is getting on my nerves right now. I thought I was the only one.

noTe on iPhone
Sep 24, 2013, 07:49 AM
My alarm didn't wake me up today either. I made no changes in my alarm going from 6 to 7. iPhone 4S by the way and using a custom ring tone I made from a song on iTunes awhile ago.

CB1234
Sep 24, 2013, 08:10 AM
As a medstudent, I have missed two lab sessions because of this. It is frustrating. Apple is getting on my nerves right now. I thought I was the only one.

You are a medstudent and something as simple as Alarm is getting on your nerves!!!

I would be worried to be your patient, whenever in future, if you can get through your nerves and the exams !!!

cola79
Sep 24, 2013, 08:41 AM
Same Problems on my 4s too. Working Alarm is a lottery ...

StevenB14
Sep 24, 2013, 08:41 AM
Anyone experiencing this on the iPhone 5s?

Just wondering.

tkwolf
Sep 24, 2013, 10:20 AM
You are a medstudent and something as simple as Alarm is getting on your nerves!!!

I would be worried to be your patient, whenever in future, if you can get through your nerves and the exams !!!

Lol I am fine with those things, I just hate being late or missing anything. But really imagine having to wake up, finding out that you missed your labs which are necessary for your succeeding exams. Then the next day, with less sleep you wake up looking at your phone and realising that you are 2 hours late for the lab and lecture. Not a good way to start the week. This also isn't the first time that apple has had issues with alarms.

jonasdamn
Sep 24, 2013, 10:16 PM
I have set alarm at 6:00 am on specific days and today it didnt work.

OneMike
Sep 24, 2013, 10:23 PM
My body is programmed to wake up the same time every day but the alarm makes me get up to turn it off.

I noticed with iOS when I set my alarm in the morning it works, but when I set At night it doesn't. Then I noticed when you set alarm it defaults to current time. PM in this case. Wasn't always like that.

StevenB14
Sep 25, 2013, 10:10 AM
My body is programmed to wake up the same time every day but the alarm makes me get up to turn it off.

I noticed with iOS when I set my alarm in the morning it works, but when I set At night it doesn't. Then I noticed when you set alarm it defaults to current time. PM in this case. Wasn't always like that.

What phone are you using?

So far not seen anyone say it's happening on iPhone 5s.

netsped
Sep 25, 2013, 11:56 AM
I have the alarm to go on at 06:30 every week day. Both today and last Wednesday, it didn't wake me up.

I did a complete restore and set my iPhone 5 as new. I have already programed a new alarm after the first day it didn't went on but today it happened again.

Both days I have overslept :o

I also woke up to find the snooze timer stopped on the lock screen.

matttye
Sep 25, 2013, 12:00 PM
I can't remember the last time my alarm woke me up as I always wake up before it goes off. :mad:

But mine goes off every morning.

Not sure what's happening for you guys but it's a pretty serious bug!

jonasdamn
Sep 25, 2013, 12:00 PM
I have the alarm to go on at 06:30 every week day. Both today and last Wednesday, it didn't wake me up.

I did a complete restore and set my iPhone 5 as new. I have already programed a new alarm after the first day it didn't went on but today it happened again.

Both days I have overslept :o

I also woke up to find the snooze timer stopped on the lock screen.

hmmm strange, i also have set up as new iPhone 5. And also today it didnt work, while before it was working. Maybe some days are bugged

OneMike
Sep 25, 2013, 12:17 PM
What phone are you using?

So far not seen anyone say it's happening on iPhone 5s.

I have the 5S.

The issue was with me, not the phone.

When you create a new alarm it defaults to the current time (1:17PM). I was changing the hours but not AM/PM. I don't have iOS 6 in front of me, but I don't believe it worked that way. I think it started at 12AM.

edit. just looked at a youtube video and it seems it always defaulted to the current time... I don't know then. Guess it was always like that.

Yptcn
Sep 25, 2013, 02:47 PM
That's the advantage in being in a 24 h format ;)

cola79
Sep 25, 2013, 03:29 PM
That's the advantage in being in a 24 h format ;)

Unfortunatley this does not help, we use this format here and i have the same problems with not working alarms...

StevenB14
Sep 25, 2013, 03:34 PM
I have the 5S.

The issue was with me, not the phone.

When you create a new alarm it defaults to the current time (1:17PM). I was changing the hours but not AM/PM. I don't have iOS 6 in front of me, but I don't believe it worked that way. I think it started at 12AM.

edit. just looked at a youtube video and it seems it always defaulted to the current time... I don't know then. Guess it was always like that.

Ah ok.

Seems to be an issue relating to older devices upgrading to ios7. Haven't seen any reporting this with iPhone 5s.

I use the alarm clock on it to get me up in the morning for work so was just trying to find out it if was something to be wary of.

Armen
Sep 25, 2013, 03:52 PM

I have 2 alarms set:

1. every weekeday at 6:30am (wake up for work)
2. every other day 6:00pm (Water the yard)

Both have worked consistently since iOS 7 Beta 1 (3 months now).

Have you tried to reset your settings? restarted the phone?

jonasdamn
Sep 30, 2013, 09:57 PM
Here is pic of additional alarm glitch. I have woke up earlier than alarm was set, turned off and alarm icon still stayed

badtz8
Oct 10, 2013, 02:24 AM
Hi,

I have the exact same problem, iPhone 4S after upgrading to iOS7, the alarm clock randomly doesn't ring, just displays the message on screen. Happened 3 times in 2 weeks... I didn't do the latest system update that fixed a few things, did some people do it and did it change something for the alarm ?

ultranoia
Oct 15, 2013, 11:49 AM
I'm having the same alarm problem on my iPad 3 running ios7--i set an alarm for the next morning (am), and it never goes off. Today i noticed the alarm had moved forward one day. (Monday night i set the alarm for tuesday morning; on tuesday morning, the alarm had jumped to wednesday morning.)

Jeans515
Oct 16, 2013, 04:42 AM
I have the iPhone 5 and have had increasing issues with alarms not going off. I have set them all in iOS 7. I am trying to delete them all and resetting them to see if this solves the problem. However, I am not optimistic.

sirlionel
Oct 17, 2013, 02:50 AM
I have the same problems on my iPad Mini. I was caught out initially by having the sound effects muted which caused the ring to be muted too although the visual alert did activate (not much use when asleep!).

There is a simple fix I think - Apple should disengage the alarm from all the other sound settings (do not disturb, mute etc) so that it ALWAYS rings if set. Leave the user to switch it on and off and that way we can have confidence that other iOS settings will not be inadvertently affecting it.

However today neither the visual alert nor the ring went off on a repeating alarm which as far as I can see is correctly set up. I think Apple have some work to do here because the clock and alarm is a basic and essential function.

The alarm app is poor on iOS. It's main problem is that it is too diffuclut to know how/if it is configured. I don't like Android but its alarm function and the 3rd party apps are miles better.

jonasdamn
Oct 17, 2013, 03:58 AM
I have the same problems on my iPad Mini. I was caught out initially by having the sound effects muted which caused the ring to be muted too although the visual alert did activate (not much use when asleep!).

There is a simple fix I think - Apple should disengage the alarm from all the other sound settings (do not disturb, mute etc) so that it ALWAYS rings if set. Leave the user to switch it on and off and that way we can have confidence that other iOS settings will not be inadvertently affecting it.

However today neither the visual alert nor the ring went off on a repeating alarm which as far as I can see is correctly set up. I think Apple have some work to do here because the clock and alarm is a basic and essential function.

The alarm app is poor on iOS. It's main problem is that it is too diffuclut to know how/if it is configured. I don't like Android but its alarm function and the 3rd party apps are miles better.

Alarm should still work, doesnt care if DND mode is on, mute and etc. Seems there is some bugs with alarm. Never had issues with alarms on iOS6, also using DND scheduled and alarm was working 100%.
I miss on alarm one feature- repeat time, because on first week monday i need alarm for 7am, on second week monday i need for 9am...

Jzim
Nov 23, 2013, 11:20 PM
Folks, I came to this forum for help after being redirected from Google as I'm on road trip and forgot my alarm clock. Thought I'd use my upgraded 1st gen iPad Mini (upgraded to 7 from OS 6). After being a bit annoyed at first, I did some clicking around.

You need to go to Settings > Sounds > Ringers and Alerts and crank it up to the right. Mine was defaulted to the left, with no sound. Just the visual alarm as someone posted above, which does no good while sleeping.

Even when the volume is muted, this thing will ring and ring, complete with using your own iTunes music. Personally, I like "Keating's Triumph" from Dead Poet's Society, as it crescendoes throughout the whole song, with bagpipes coming in a minute or two in. Starts soft, and boom. You're waking up. I've tried this three times. I'm confident it will work. I hope it works for you.

ilian92
Dec 3, 2013, 05:29 AM
This didn't help for me. What I noticed one morning was, that it possibly vibrates, but if your phone is muted it might not sound some days. Haven't tried it the other way round though. Using a 4 on iOS7.

Scottmacguy
Dec 23, 2013, 03:27 PM
Same problem with iphone 5 alarm. I upgraded to ios7 and I can't edit old alarm setting. I did this setting in the old iOS and after the upgrade it kept the setting but does not provide a way to turn it off or edit. Real pain because I have to turn it down before it goes off so my kids don't wake up. Hopefully I remember to turn back up before my clients start calling. One more reason I'll dump this thing after the contract expires. Been a true Mac guy since 1988. I use a tower for all work related items but never jumped into the phone thing until last year. Multiple resets and a replacement within first 6 months. Still resetting the new phone so I have to keep setting my phone back up. Going back to Samsung after this. Hero went swimming twice and it still worked after using the white rice trick.

Wegee
Dec 23, 2013, 03:34 PM
Same problem with ip4 ios7, happened to me 3 times, always on Saturday, and it didn't wake me up (100% sure it was set correctly).

Hoosiers
Jan 10, 2014, 08:11 AM
ok, this about the 10th time my iPhone 5 (iOS 7) has failed to wake me up. :eek: I wake up, late for work AGAIN, to see the alarm notification on the screen but no sound. This morning I noticed the snooze was visible so I hit that and went about my business in the house, and a little bit later the phone alarm went off. 2 hours late.

My nephew talked me into getting an iPhone, so I moved to this from a Droid X…. never had an alarm issue with the android device.

Not really that impressed with expensive Apple products any longer. Used to be, but now…not so much.

C DM
Jan 10, 2014, 03:00 PM
ok, this about the 10th time my iPhone 5 (iOS 7) has failed to wake me up. :eek: I wake up, late for work AGAIN, to see the alarm notification on the screen but no sound. This morning I noticed the snooze was visible so I hit that and went about my business in the house, and a little bit later the phone alarm went off. 2 hours late.

My nephew talked me into getting an iPhone, so I moved to this from a Droid X…. never had an alarm issue with the android device.

Not really that impressed with expensive Apple products any longer. Used to be, but now…not so much.After 2 or maybe 3 times most would look for other options one would think.

Nipperserphil
Jul 24, 2014, 06:08 AM
I have just encountered a strange alarm issue in 7.1.2 which is probably somehow connected to the problems mentioned here.

Yesterday I carried out a 'Reset all settings' on my iphone 4s. Then spent a little while reconfiguring my settings.

This morning the phones alarm clock sounded at the usual time. No problem there! If fact I was very happy that the alarm settings had been retained as I had completely forgot about re-setting them myself.

Then I took a look at the alarms set on the phone and to my surprise there arn't any. Nothing at all. Somehow the old alarm still works although it's not set at all.

Confused