PDA

View Full Version : Rescuing a defenseless iMac

pc_convert?
Jan 24, 2002, 02:20 PM
Great story about the ingenious recovery of a stolen iMac.

Story here! (http://www.macscripter.net/unscripted.html):D

eyelikeart
Jan 24, 2002, 02:30 PM
sadly enough....I know a girl who lost her PowerBook G4 by leaving it on top of a car... :eek:

agreenster
Jan 24, 2002, 02:44 PM
WOW! Thats a cool story. I just wish the thevies would have had the book thrown at them. Oh well. She got her computer back anyway!

menoinjun
Jan 24, 2002, 02:48 PM
That is absolutely incredible. I have always been very curious about Apple Script, and now this makes me want to learn it even more.

Time to get a book!

-Pete

Hemingray
Jan 24, 2002, 02:58 PM
That's freakin' awesome!

mymemory
Jan 24, 2002, 03:12 PM
My Toyota truck got stolen last monday here in Caracas (Venezuela) I didn't had any apple scrip in it =(. That truck was something, I loved it. I wish I can find it again.
=(

pc_convert?
Jan 24, 2002, 03:24 PM
I think apple should have some sort of marketing slogan for this story. Any ideas?

I'll start the ball rolling with

"iMac bites....thieving scumbags in the ass!" ;)

Tommy!
Jan 24, 2002, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by mymemory
My Toyota truck got stolen last monday here in Caracas (Venezuela) I didn't had any apple scrip in it =(. That truck was something, I loved it. I wish I can find it again.
=(

You could have used OnStar but... U got a toyota :-P

evanmarx
Jan 24, 2002, 05:39 PM
the honors for this story do not go to apple script but more to Timbuktu, which is a hell of great program ... i would be lost without it ...

StealthRider
Jan 24, 2002, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by eyelikeart
sadly enough....I know a girl who lost her PowerBook G4 by leaving it on top of a car... :eek:
oooohhhh.... that must have hurt..... if anyone here knows what I would DO for a TiBook......

eyelikeart
Jan 24, 2002, 05:47 PM
I finally read the story...

that's pretty damned resourceful to us Timbuktu to sabotage the theives...

way to go!!! :p

mac15
Jan 24, 2002, 07:05 PM
Sadly I don't know anybody with a mac