PDA

View Full Version : Anyone having a freezing issue?

hitman0304
Sep 21, 2013, 01:10 PM
I'm running iOS7 on my iPhone 5 and ever since I did the update my phone has random moments where it becomes totally frozen while asleep. Both the sleep/wake and home buttons do nothing and all I see is black. My only option is to do a hard reset. This happens about 5-6 times a day.

I use my iPhone as my alarm clock so I'm worried it's going to do this in the middle of the night and I'll end up oversleeping. Has anyone encountered this issue at all?

FearGhost
Sep 21, 2013, 01:16 PM
Yep, same here. My wife's iPhone 5 and iPad mini had exactly the same symptoms. I ended up restoring both devices and set them up as new and they have been fine ever since. Not sure why it happened though....

hitman0304
Sep 21, 2013, 01:18 PM
Gotcha. I was trying to avoid a restore from new but I guess that's what is looking to be the fix.

uhaas
Sep 21, 2013, 01:21 PM
I'm running iOS7 on my iPhone 5 and ever since I did the update my phone has random moments where it becomes totally frozen while asleep. Both the sleep/wake and home buttons do nothing and all I see is black. My only option is to do a hard reset. This happens about 5-6 times a day.

I use my iPhone as my alarm clock so I'm worried it's going to do this in the middle of the night and I'll end up oversleeping. Has anyone encountered this issue at all?

My 4S did this on iOS 6.1.3, but iOS 7 does have the same issue. It does however randomly reboot 5 times a day where it's out for 5-7 min.

raybo
Sep 21, 2013, 01:27 PM
I have a separate post on this... Stalls and freezes pretty often after update to iOS 7, did not do this with iOS 6.

FearGhost
Sep 21, 2013, 01:50 PM
The battery life has improved quite a lot too :)

Mr.C
Sep 21, 2013, 01:55 PM
I've had no such issues on my iPad 3. My iPhone 5 is still on iOS 6 so I can't comment on that as I'm waiting for my 5S.

jonasdamn
Sep 21, 2013, 02:03 PM
Using iOS 7 from the beginning on my iPhone 5, never had this issue. Installed iOS7 as new

inselstudent
Sep 21, 2013, 02:05 PM
had that issue on my iphone 4 during beta 1 to 3 or so. but AFAIK it didn't affect other iPhones then.