Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jbenkelman

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 4, 2009
I have been beta testing iOS 7 since the very beggining, but haven't really given iTunes Radio its fair share of attention.

Earlier this week I PREVIEWED a song from a band called "The 1975." It was the first song I had ever heard from said band, and the first time I had ever even heard of the band. I didn't even end up buying the song for some reason, even though its a good song.

Today, while doing some house work, I had iTunes radio playing, and it decided to play a song by this band. Do we have any confirmation about how iTunes radio chooses its songs?

Seems like its generating some music choices just by what you are previewing in the iTunes Music Store. Way to go Apple. I like that they gave me a chance to listen to some music I may not have taken the plunge into, just by knowing what I was browsing on the iTunes store.

biebel228

macrumors newbie
Jul 5, 2013
I disagree. I've tried hard to customize it to my tastes, with not much luck. I think Last.fm got my tastes better. It's also buggy, and will frequently play a song right after you've banned it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.