PDA

View Full Version : App updates

HiddenPuppy
Sep 21, 2013, 03:40 PM
Just updated to ios7 and find that in the App Store that I have done some updates, but the updated apps did not clear out of the screen. They still show with the word "open". Before once they updated and you closed the App store and went back they were gone.

Hope I made this understandable.

From A Buick 8
Sep 21, 2013, 03:41 PM
Just updated to ios7 and find that in the App Store that I have done some updates, but the updated apps did not clear out of the screen. They still show with the word "open". Before once they updated and you closed the App store and went back they were gone.

That is how it works with the auto up date turned on

Tubamajuba
Sep 21, 2013, 03:42 PM
This behavior is intentional due to the new auto-update feature- without this, you'd never know what was contained in updates to apps that were done automatically. I think the oldest apps get cleared out of that list every ten days.

HiddenPuppy
Sep 21, 2013, 03:45 PM
That is how it works with the auto up date turned on

thanks, did not know that. I have turned off the auto-update, but glad to know that is the way it is supposed to be.

----------

This behavior is intentional due to the new auto-update feature- without this, you'd never know what was contained in updates to apps that were done automatically. I think the oldest apps get cleared out of that list every ten days.

thanks for the help on this, was not sure what was happening. I have turned off auto update, but was not sure why it was doing this.

Bilalo
Sep 21, 2013, 04:14 PM

Same thread yesterday... That's how it is now because apps update automatically, it stays there so people could know which apps were updated and what changed in the updates...