PDA

View Full Version : iPhone 5S Parallax Wallpaper Glitch/Jump when exiting an App

Peepo
Sep 21, 2013, 03:48 PM
Hi, I have been running IOS 7 betas since the beginning on my Iphone 5. Ran the GM/Final since it came out. Parallax wallpaper/icons on desktop has been perfect.

Yesterday I updated both my Wifes' and my iPhone 5 to iPhone 5S.
I did a restore on both.

On the iPhone 5S:
I noticed that sometimes when in an app and pressing the home button to close, the background wallpaper kinda jumps/movies vertically and resets its position. It's as if it is not tracking the image position correctly when in an app and it resets the picture. It does not happen all the time but happens frequently. I tried to reproduce this on my iPhone 5 and cannot.

This happens on both our phones so I can rule out hardware problem or weird glitch on my particular phone.

Does anyone else notice this?

sn
Sep 21, 2013, 05:00 PM
Hi, I have been running IOS 7 betas since the beginning on my Iphone 5. Ran the GM/Final since it came out. Parallax wallpaper/icons on desktop has been perfect.

I did a restore on both.

On the iPhone 5S:
I noticed that sometimes when in an app and pressing the home button to close, the background wallpaper kinda jumps/movies vertically and resets its position. It's as if it is not tracking the image position correctly when in an app and it resets the picture. It does not happen all the time but happens frequently. I tried to reproduce this on my iPhone 5 and cannot.

This happens on both our phones so I can rule out hardware problem or weird glitch on my particular phone.

Same problem here. Seems like when an app is opened, the wallpaper stops responding to your movement. As soon as you come out of the app it starts responding again. Which would be fine except that your phone is obviously in a different position than it was when you opened the app, meaning the wallpaper has to 'jump' over to where it needs to be.

edit: sorry, just read your post again, think that's exactly what you were trying to explain too so... nothing to add really except 'me too', ha

rtimoff
Sep 21, 2013, 05:04 PM
Same on my iPhone 5. I'm on GM btw.
It's not 5S problem, it's iOS 7 bug

Peepo
Sep 21, 2013, 07:33 PM
Weird because I have been using ios 7 on my iphone 5 for a long time and never noticed this. I noticed right away on iphone 5s after a few minutes use. Maybe has to do with separate M7 chip in 5s?

BD1
Sep 22, 2013, 09:30 AM
Weird because I have been using ios 7 on my iphone 5 for a long time and never noticed this. I noticed right away on iphone 5s after a few minutes use. Maybe has to do with separate M7 chip in 5s?

Same issue here. I wonder if 7.0.1 introduced a bug.

eagleglen
Sep 23, 2013, 09:42 PM
I just started noticing this on my iPhone 5s. I never noticed the problem when I was using iOS 7 on my iPhone 5 or right after I got the 5s on launch day. It's just been in the past day or so and it seems to be happening more and more frequently.

Is it a bug in iOS 7.01?

ejewels52
Sep 27, 2013, 10:04 AM
Yes! I thought I was the only one! Never happened on my 4s but after upgrading to the 5s I get an annoying jump like the background repositions itself when coming in and out of apps and folders.

Good to know its not just my phone. At the end of the day though, how could it be individual phones hardware anyways if everything else ran perfectly (which it does on mine)? If it was a hardware issue, wouldn't it affect performance all around?

Anyways, hope apple fixes this. The 5s is most powerful, so you'd think this would only happen on older phones...

devman
Sep 27, 2013, 11:24 PM
Yes! I thought I was the only one! Never happened on my 4s but after upgrading to the 5s I get an annoying jump like the background repositions itself when coming in and out of apps and folders.

Good to know its not just my phone. At the end of the day though, how could it be individual phones hardware anyways if everything else ran perfectly (which it does on mine)? If it was a hardware issue, wouldn't it affect performance all around?

Anyways, hope apple fixes this. The 5s is most powerful, so you'd think this would only happen on older phones...

it's a software bug. not your phone.

iWeldonJ
Sep 28, 2013, 12:06 AM
I had the GM on my iPhone 5, and since getting the 5S on launch day noticed the same crap, did a reset, restore, hoping that would solve it. Hoped iOS 7.01 and 7.02 would solve it, but nope. It's really annoying. iPhone 5 worked great on iOS 7, but jumpy on 5S. Soon as my two weeks are up for an exchange and no hope for a white iPhone 5S, I'll switch the iPhone at Apple.

itsmemuffins
Sep 28, 2013, 08:23 AM

I did a restore on both.

On the iPhone 5S:

I have this too and also on the lockscreen. I was a bit miffed to see this happening on the 5s.

Hopefully it's a bug and will be sorted in an update.

Also this never happens on my iPad 3.

bwb
Sep 28, 2013, 01:26 PM
Same here on a 5S. I didn't notice on the 4S with iOS 7, but that may be because it was laggier in general that it didn't stand out.

eric3312
Sep 28, 2013, 03:38 PM
So glad I found this. I thought my product was defective!! This is annoying!!

fifi77
Oct 1, 2013, 04:03 PM
I noticed this a couple of days ago on my 5S & only realised after reading this thread that it seems to be the 7.0.1 update that's done it. It's driving me CRAZY!

chfilm
Oct 1, 2013, 05:07 PM
Having the same issue on my ipad 3, where it's even worse because the screen is so big, it just hits me every time I close an app. Especially bad when I do the 5 finger close gesture on safari!!!

froggy78
Oct 2, 2013, 12:03 PM
It seems to me that the glitch has to do with the selected background image, maybe because of its original size. So with some pictures the effect is more often visible, at least on my 5S.

I did a restore on both.

On the iPhone 5S:

JtheLemur
Oct 8, 2013, 11:13 PM
Sitting here with my iPhone 5 and 5S right next to each other, both running latest iOS 7.

My 5S is jumpy, most noticeably when going back and forth to the Multitasking card view.

My 5, is perfectly fine.

Both have the same exact wallpaper loaded - exact same content too, the 5S is a restore from the 5.

Definitely (in my case) a problem specific to the 5S, and it's unfortunately super annoying to my eyes.

St. Germain
Oct 9, 2013, 06:49 PM
This has been driving me nuts. Based on what I'm reading on the Apple forums, it's a 5S issue, possibly something that shows up in the 64-bit code?

Juanefny
Oct 16, 2013, 11:42 AM
The other thing I notice is that sometimes when I unlock the phone, for a slit second I see a white trail in the animation when apps show up. Does anyone else notice this on their phone? Oh and then yes, the wall paper jumps..

GlenK
Oct 16, 2013, 12:20 PM
Same here with 5S. I've had two 5S' and they both did it.