PDA

View Full Version : Please give me peace of mind about restoring..

okrelayer
Sep 21, 2013, 06:26 PM
Hi folks. I just need to give myself some peace of mind. I installed the GM version of iOS 7 on my 4S last week. I backed up the phone on the computer, and when I got the 5S I restored that back up to the the new phone. I am worried because it was a GM version, and that I backed up that data, that it might be corrupted. Could someone smart enough let me know that a back up is a back up, and that I'll be fine? Or not fine? I've been debating about doing a full restore.

Thanks.

djtech42
Sep 21, 2013, 06:33 PM
Hi folks. I just need to give myself some peace of mind. I installed the GM version of iOS 7 on my 4S last week. I backed up the phone on the computer, and when I got the 5S I restored that back up to the the new phone. I am worried because it was a GM version, and that I backed up that data, that it might be corrupted. Could someone smart enough let me know that a back up is a back up, and that I'll be fine? Or not fine? I've been debating about doing a full restore.

Thanks.

The GM is the exact same version as the final release aka the version installed on your 5S. It is NOT a beta, so the data is not corrupted in any way.

iapplelove
Sep 21, 2013, 06:41 PM
op are you having issues? not sure why you even have concerns. if your that concerned restore as new phone

dylzen
Sep 21, 2013, 07:01 PM
I had problems when restoring a beta 6 backup onto the final release. The first time the backup was restored it the phone wouldn't get past the Apple logo. It worked the second time though.

You should be fine restoring a GM backup onto an iOS 7 final because as the other guys mentioned it's the same version.