PDA

View Full Version : iOS 7 - Smart Covers working as normal?

Dambuster43
Sep 21, 2013, 09:15 PM
Has anybody had problems with smart covers not working every time its closed.
Didnt have issues before update..but already its happened twice.
I have the "all in one" iPad case with smart cover.

blhoward2
Sep 21, 2013, 09:18 PM
This is controlled in Settings now but I forget where. I believe it said like Auto-lock with cover or something.

Drucifer
Sep 21, 2013, 09:20 PM
I have a Moshi VersaCover for my iPad Mini which has a cover that operates in the same manner as Apples Smart Cover and I am not encountering that on my device after updating to iOS7, all is as it was prior to the update.

This is controlled in Settings now but I forget where. I believe it said like Auto-lock with cover or something.

It is in the General Settings. Lock / Unlock but he said it happened twice so it sounds like it happens on some occasions but not others.

blhoward2
Sep 21, 2013, 09:21 PM
I have a Moshi VersaCover for my iPad Mini which has a cover that operates in the same manner as Apples Smart Cover and I am not encountering that on my device after updating to iOS7, all is as it was prior to the update.

Did you restore or setup as new? Its just an option now...yours was enabled for some reason.

bigcstyle4
Sep 21, 2013, 09:21 PM
No problem with iPad 3.

Drucifer
Sep 21, 2013, 09:25 PM
Did you restore or setup as new? Its just an option now...yours was enabled for some reason.

When I did it I backed it up to my Mac then just upgraded directly on my device.

minimo3
Sep 21, 2013, 09:26 PM
I find that when I open the cover I still have to slide to unlock (if a new mail, notification has arrived). This happens even if you turn off notifications/today view in the lock screen. And yes auto lock/unlock is enabled in settings

blhoward2
Sep 21, 2013, 09:28 PM
I find that when I open the cover I still have to slide to unlock (if a new mail, notification has arrived). This happens even if you turn off notifications/today view in the lock screen. And yes auto lock/unlock is enabled in settings

Mine is password protected so maybe I never noticed...but didn't you always have to do this? I thought it just simulated a power button press.

Drucifer
Sep 21, 2013, 09:41 PM
Mine is password protected so maybe I never noticed...but didn't you always have to do this? I thought it just simulated a power button press.

No need to swipe to unlock with a Smart Cover, it has that covered. Excuse the pun. lol

Riverton
Sep 21, 2013, 10:01 PM
I love that opening the Smart Cover only wakes the iPad up, and doesn't unlock it when I have Notifications.

Drucifer
Sep 21, 2013, 10:14 PM
I love that opening the Smart Cover only wakes the iPad up, and doesn't unlock it when I have Notifications.

Ah yes that is true, never really thought about that but like you it is probably because I also love this feature.

Dambuster43
Sep 21, 2013, 11:28 PM

It is in the General Settings. Lock / Unlock but he said it happened twice so it sounds like it happens on some occasions but not others.

Thanks...sorted....its not a thing I expected the update to alter..or maybe it was me while I was checking and resetting after the update.

The twice it happened were first time battery run down, recharged and not knowing why the battery went down, assumed it was due to the update and more usage checking. Closed the cover and did not use for about 6 hours and battery was low. Then found the device stayed on with cover closed.

likelake
Nov 10, 2013, 12:00 PM
Has anybody had problems with smart covers not working every time its closed.
Didnt have issues before update..but already its happened twice.
I have the "all in one" iPad case with smart cover.

Settings -> General -> Lock/Unlock