PDA

View Full Version : That was fast - iOS 7 Jailbreak on the way

thejadedmonkey
Sep 21, 2013, 09:28 PM
Details are - obviously - a bit sparse still, but it sounds like a jailbreak is already on the way.

A prominent member of team Evad3rs confirmed in a tweet today that development of the jailbreak was currently underway.

"Being more and more confident about an iOS 7 public jailbreak ;-) [that does not mean soon]," tweeted pod2g to Nikias Bassen, another prominent member of the group.

http://www.christianpost.com/news/ios-7-jailbreak-on-the-way-developers-confirm-confidence-in-hack-104942/

Someone over at Neowin said that the jailbreak is simply visiting a website, much like it was for iOS 4.3.3.

Of course, it could be nothing. But here's to hoping!

blhoward2
Sep 21, 2013, 09:30 PM
Considering ios 7 is a re-write this isn't that surprising. They would have introduced an untold number of bugs back into the OS.

SakuraSuki
Sep 21, 2013, 09:32 PM
Bring it on Jailbreak.... First thing to do is get ride of those icons.... Missing iFiles, ability to change keyboard, ability to change default app is awesome....

OneMike
Sep 21, 2013, 09:34 PM
Jailbreak will be cool, but it's nowhere like the past where I'd actually consider holding off update to keep jailbreak.

typeadam
Sep 21, 2013, 09:40 PM
JB is still pretty cool but TBH, the new Control Center does pretty much what I've always JB'd for.
I mean there are a few small things I'd like to see in any iOS version that will only ever happen w/ a JB (no carrier, live weather, screen recorder, etc.) but no longer to the extent that it used to be when I felt I NEED it.
This might be the first iOS that I don't JB... :o:D

JohnLT13
Sep 21, 2013, 09:43 PM
Just want Bite SMS and.......well everything:o

blhoward2
Sep 21, 2013, 09:44 PM
The only thing I'd really consider JB'g for is to alter the notification sound for the gmail app since they don't provide that option.

powerstrokin
Sep 21, 2013, 10:02 PM
I really only want to tether and also be able to hold my volume buttons for a moment to skip to next/previous tracks.

That's pretty much the only real reason I care about a JB now.

mrkramer
Sep 21, 2013, 10:10 PM
I'm not surprised that it is coming quickly with iOS 7 being a rewrite, but I'm not sure that there is much I'd want a jailbreak for anymore.

wxman2003
Sep 21, 2013, 10:11 PM
"Being more and more confident about an iOS 7 public jailbreak ;-) [that does not mean soon]," tweeted pod2g

Could be 3 months from now, could be a year.

nellyplatinum
Sep 21, 2013, 10:15 PM
if apple was to do quick to reply i would never jailbreak again,honestly bitesms is the only reason i jailbreak

jhfenton
Sep 21, 2013, 10:18 PM
I'm not surprised that it is coming quickly with iOS 7 being a rewrite, but I'm not sure that there is much I'd want a jailbreak for anymore.
Location spoofing to get around geographic blackouts on NBA League Pass Broadband and MLB.TV.

Both apps use the iOS reported location rather than IP location, so a VPN service doesn't help. It's not a huge deal, since I can watch on my Mac with the VPN, but I occasionally want to watch on my iPad.

mjpearce023
Sep 21, 2013, 10:34 PM
Location spoofing to get around geographic blackouts on NBA League Pass Broadband and MLB.TV.

Both apps use the iOS reported location rather than IP location, so a VPN service doesn't help. It's not a huge deal, since I can watch on my Mac with the VPN, but I occasionally want to watch on my iPad.

I had that problem on the watch espn app when there was a razorback game that was blacked out because it was on pay per view. I downloaded hot spot shield and was then able to watch the game on my ipad and stream to my Apple TV. I used the free 7 day trial but it does cost after that. I didn't look into the prices much because I just needed it once. Not sure if it's worth it for you but thought I would throw it out there.

mrkramer
Sep 21, 2013, 10:42 PM

I'm sure there are plenty of things like that which people would appreciate the jailbreak for. I was just saying that most of the things I would have jailbroken for in the past are now in iOS, I'm sure it is different for other people. That said I might jailbreak if it is just visiting a website.

ZacNicholson
Sep 21, 2013, 10:44 PM
I haven't upgraded yet because i hate the icons and i love my jailbreak. I am waiting until this comes out to upgrade, so i can change the icons back to ios6 form.