PDA

View Full Version : [iPhone] iPhone 5s ios7 Saving SMS I Deleted and Using 5.5GB of Phone Space

briancomputer
Sep 21, 2013, 10:48 PM
I noticed this when I downloaded ios7 on my 4s and when I went to usage it showed I had 5.3GB of saved text messages but I always delete my text messages so why is iPhone saving all these in SMS and using all this space. As a result I needed to upgrade to a 32GB iPhone 5s from a 16GB because its using all this space for text messages I deleted already and my phone is always full. U can not find these with search on iPhone either. I know I can restore from cloud but I will lose all my app settings. Apple needs to fix this. Thanks for any help to get rid of text messages I dont have on my phone to free up space.

Nolander07
Sep 22, 2013, 01:17 AM
]I had this problem with my iPhone 5. I restored through iTunes this evening, then used my iCloud back up, so no "clean" restore. All the saved message data is gone, minus what is actually only phone right now. I didn't have to lose all my settings, apps, pictures, etc. I have no idea why this worked, but it did. I have since done a hard reset a couple times, and the previously saved message data is still gone.[

matttye
Sep 22, 2013, 02:01 AM
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1642327

Read the above thread for a discussion and solution.

briancomputer
Sep 22, 2013, 10:00 AM
]I had this problem with my iPhone 5. I restored through iTunes this evening, then used my iCloud back up, so no "clean" restore. All the saved message data is gone, minus what is actually only phone right now. I didn't have to lose all my settings, apps, pictures, etc. I have no idea why this worked, but it did. I have since done a hard reset a couple times, and the previously saved message data is still gone.[

Yeah I have done this and didnt work for me.

hafr
Sep 22, 2013, 01:14 PM
Yeah I have done this and didnt work for me.

If what I wrote in that thread didn't work for you, you did something wrong. Are you sure you restored to the same backup that you edited?