PDA

View Full Version : Blue Dots Not Showing

kingdom23
Sep 21, 2013, 11:50 PM
Blue dots which show up on recently updated and new apps are no longer showing up. Has anyone else got this problem?

Blau
Sep 22, 2013, 12:06 AM
They haven't showed up for me either. I have it set to auto-download updates. Maybe that is why the dots aren't showing up, as a bug. The only way I've noticed updated apps the past few days is via the ones changing their app icons to an iOS 7 look.

kingdom23
Sep 22, 2013, 12:11 AM
I also have auto download switched on and blue dots were showing up, until today.

adder7712
Sep 22, 2013, 01:10 AM
They do show up on mine.

kingdom23
Sep 22, 2013, 02:14 AM
Blue dots which show up on recently updated and new apps are no longer showing up. Has anyone else got this problem?

Just discovered if I turn auto-update off, then blue dots appear.

MalusSylvestris
Sep 22, 2013, 02:27 AM
Just discovered if I turn auto-update off, then blue dots appear.

Surely that is the wrong way round for this to work? If you update manually then you know which apps you have updated so why do you need the dot? If you auto update then it would be handy to see which apps have updated.

Edit: or does it mean there is an update available but not installed?

kingdom23
Sep 22, 2013, 03:06 AM
Surely that is the wrong way round for this to work? If you update manually then you know which apps you have updated so why do you need the dot? If you auto update then it would be handy to see which apps have updated.

Edit: or does it mean there is an update available but not installed?

I agree it is weird, maybe it is a bug?

Gemütlichkeit
Oct 15, 2013, 06:47 AM
Not showing up for me either. Automatic updates are on.

aDRock1154
Oct 15, 2013, 06:58 AM
I have auto-updates turned off. Mine still show up.

If they don't show up with auto-updates turned on, then I may just turn it on to get rid of them lol

LV426
Oct 15, 2013, 07:51 AM
I also have auto download switched on and blue dots were showing up, until today.

Isn't the idea that the blue dots are just there to alert you to the fact that an app has been updated automatically? If you then use the app and back out, next time you see the blue dot is when it gets updated next time around?

syd430
Oct 15, 2013, 08:04 AM
I have auto-updates turned off. Mine still show up.

If they don't show up with auto-updates turned on, then I may just turn it on to get rid of them lol

Concur. I find the blue dots extremely annoying because I manually update my apps. I really hate having to keep opening apps I barely use just to get rid of the dot.

aDRock1154
Oct 15, 2013, 08:43 AM
Concur. I find the blue dots extremely annoying because I manually update my apps. I really hate having to keep opening apps I barely use just to get rid of the dot.

That's exactly what I do! I wouldn't be (so) annoyed if it wouldn't make apps names truncated..

djtech42
Oct 15, 2013, 11:48 AM
Sounds like it is reversed for you guys. Mine works in the opposite, more logical way. It shows dots for apps when they have been automatically updated.

Must be a bug with the toggling of that option. This is why 7.0.3 needs to come out soon!

C DM
Oct 15, 2013, 03:42 PM
Isn't the idea that the blue dots are just there to alert you to the fact that an app has been updated automatically? If you then use the app and back out, next time you see the blue dot is when it gets updated next time around?Happens all over the place. Sometimes manual updated apps will have them, other times they won't. Sometimes automatically updated apps will have them, sometimes they won't.

burgerking2
Oct 15, 2013, 05:01 PM

+1. I concur as well. I really dislike the blue dots. So I go opening and closing my apps to get rid of them. They just add unnecessary clutter.

Max(IT)
Oct 15, 2013, 05:25 PM
Working fine for me with auto update off.

MoonageDaydream
Oct 24, 2013, 07:55 AM
Blue dots won't show up on my iPhone 5 yet they will show up every time on my iPad 2. Anyone else have a similar issue? I tried it on my iPhone 5 with auto-update off and it still didn't show the dots, but everytime I download a new app on my iPad I see the blue dot.

Nolander07
Oct 24, 2013, 08:23 AM
On my iPhone I have auto update off- I get blue dots
On my iPad I have auto update on- I do not get blue dots

I am pretty sure it has been this way since iOS 7.0

JaySoul
Oct 24, 2013, 11:39 AM
Mine aren't showing so going into Podcasts today confused the bejeesus out of me.

ferozar
Oct 29, 2013, 03:43 AM
I do not work well. Two iphone 5 and ipad 2. Father's Iphone 4 work fine. I tried to say to Apple, but it is impossible for software errors...