Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dibberly

macrumors newbie
Sep 18, 2013
Is it just me or is there anyone else that wants the unlock sound back? After years of having it iOS 7 feels incomplete to me without it.

always had that turned on and miss it tbh

i just cant see why they dont give you the option...people who want it has it on....people who dont turn it off = every bodies happy!!

Altis

macrumors 68040
Sep 10, 2013
i just cant see why they dont give you the option...people who want it has it on....people who dont turn it off = every bodies happy!!

Apple's head is too big for that kind of thinking. Their idea of perfect should apply to then tens of millions of users all over the world in a one-size-fits-all implementation.

We're all going to have such eye problems from these white screens at night.

Armen

macrumors 604
Apr 30, 2013
Los Angeles
Is it just me or is there anyone else that wants the unlock sound back? After years of having it iOS 7 feels incomplete to me without it.

I'm in the same boat with you. I enjoyed the unlock sound. The stupid part is the unlock sound is gone but the lock sound is there...with an echo...:rolleyes:

apple-5cs

macrumors newbie
Sep 22, 2013
I'm in the same boat with you. I enjoyed the unlock sound. The stupid part is the unlock sound is gone but the lock sound is there...with an echo...:rolleyes:

Lol I know right isn't that so weird.

I noticed I was like, lock sound ... echo?

lol nice touch not bad really

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors G4
Feb 14, 2008
US
Exactly this^^^
Is it really necessary to take yet another option away from us.

For simplicity's sake it makes sense. If iOS had all of the options people have been clamoring for over the years the Settings app would be so bloated it would likely be too difficult for a not so tech savvy new user to pick it up and learn in a reasonable amount of time which is kind of what Apple is known for.

Having said all that, I miss it too. It makes no sense to have one and not the other.

Armen

macrumors 604
Apr 30, 2013
Los Angeles
For simplicity's sake it makes sense. If iOS had all of the options people have been clamoring for over the years the Settings app would be so bloated it would likely be too difficult for a not so tech savvy new user to pick it up and learn in a reasonable amount of time which is kind of what Apple is known for.

Having said all that, I miss it too. It makes no sense to have one and not the other.

I mean it's even labeled as "Lock sounds" in the settings > sounds section and not "lock sound". It's probably a bug.

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors G4
Feb 14, 2008
US
I mean it's even labeled as "Lock sounds" in the settings > sounds section and not "lock sound". It's probably a bug.

Two things tell me it's not a bug.

One, it was missing from several of the last betas. Second, it's labeled as singular in other languages from what I hear around these forums.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Two things tell me it's not a bug.

One, it was missing from several of the last betas. Second, it's labeled as singular in other languages from what I hear around these forums.
And two things that imply that it can be a bug:

- It's plural in English, which is the main language used for iOS.
- The lock sound is there, and it would seem to make very little sense to leave that one there but not the unlock sound--same reasoning would essentially apply to them both.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.