PDA

View Full Version : iTunes won`t sync music since iOS7/iTunes 11.1

Fubar1977
Sep 22, 2013, 04:13 AM
Updated to iOS7 and iTunes 11.1 on iPhone 4S and I can no longer sync music to the phone.
It won`t allow me to drag and drop music to it either, it just skips past the transfer and sticks on "Waiting for changes to be applied".

Is this a common issue as I`m not sure whether to keep beating my head against a brick wall or just wait for an update to iOS/iTunes?
Problem occurs whether I choose "manually manage music" or not.

Pretty livid about it tbh as I can no longer use the phone as an iPod.

Is it worth doing a factory reset on the iphone?

Fubar1977
Sep 22, 2013, 05:30 AM
Scratch that, it`s now syncing.
Unchecked and rechecked "Manually manage..."

If that`s the only issue I get then I`m happy.
Itunes is still pants though ;-)

ctbuk
Sep 22, 2013, 05:54 AM
Mine still won't work :mad:

christian9000
Mar 6, 2014, 09:16 AM
Hey Everyone. After updating to iOS7/iTunes11.1, my songs did not sync to my iPhone 5. I could see the songs, but their titles where in gray, and where inactive.

By chance I was found this fix. Under Settings>Music I activated:
> Lyrics and Podcast Info
> Group By Album Artist
> Show All Music

and deactivated:
>iTunes Match.

All my songs now appear in black, and are able to synch with iTunes.
This problem was really frustrating, and I hope this fix sorts it out for other users out there.

applesith
Mar 6, 2014, 11:32 AM
I keep having this issue too and it makes me not want to use my phone anymore. It also gets stuck in "cancelling sync". I have to go thru all these random things for it to eventually work. But if I plug in and don't have time, it randomly deleted a lot of the music synced last time.

Mystic Eddy
Mar 6, 2014, 01:27 PM
My iTunes will also sync the music to the phone, but it will be greyed out when the phone music directory is viewed in iTunes. After a few resyncs, it normally appears on the phone. In some cases, I've had to remove the music and sync it again. Not fun!