Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TimCook

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 21, 2013
Australia
Hey guys,

I'm currently tossing up whether to get one of those thin plastic sheets to protect my iPhone's screen

I only know 2 people who use them, and in both cases it clearly has a negative impact on the look of the display (I do have very good eyes :p)

I'm quite keen on preserving my phone's screen, and if it can save me a few scratches then it might just be worthwhile... perhaps

I'd just like to know what you guys think,
Would you recommend using a screen cover? (personal experience?)
Is there a particular brand that makes covers that don't ruin the look of the screen?

MH01

Suspended
Feb 11, 2008
Hey guys,

I'm currently tossing up whether to get one of those thin plastic sheets to protect my iPhone's screen

I only know 2 people who use them, and in both cases it clearly has a negative impact on the look of the display (I do have very good eyes :p)

I'm quite keen on preserving my phone's screen, and if it can save me a few scratches then it might just be worthwhile... perhaps

I'd just like to know what you guys think,
Would you recommend using a screen cover? (personal experience?)
Is there a particular brand that makes covers that don't ruin the look of the screen?

Never used on since having every iphone since the original, I would not waste you time. I found the screens to be very durable and problem free.

The new iphone leather covers are actually very nice, questionable if they are leather though.

billycuth

macrumors 6502a
Jul 31, 2010
I use power support crystal screen protectors exclusively on my products. It's as good protection as Zagg, but without the orange peely feel to it.

I bought the 5 version and it works perfectly. I put them on right out of the box and they are flawless - not an air bubble or a misalignment - and I used one on the front and back.

Then I ordered Lucky Lab skins (luckyskins.com) for the band. I love keeping my phone as nude as possible.

Will post pics once it's done.

ToddH

macrumors 68030
Jul 5, 2010
Central Tx
I use one. I like the Power Support brand and I have their anti glare on my 5s. I really like it. Not only does it remove unwanted reflections, it also protects the screen and does not show finger prints. I would use one, the glass coating on the iPhone screen will eventually wear off and no longer feel smooth, but dispite what others say, the glass can easily scratch IF the right type of particle or foreign material gets between you and the phones glass surface. Besides, having a nicely preserved iPhone makes for higher resale values....

T

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.