PDA

View Full Version : ATV needs siri or some sort of voice input

kwyn
Sep 22, 2013, 07:30 AM
I hate searching youtube with the remote. I could be ignorant and there may be a better way. Feel free to educate me.

From A Buick 8
Sep 22, 2013, 08:50 AM
I hate searching youtube with the remote. I could be ignorant and there may be a better way. Feel free to educate me.

Using the remote app on your iPhone or iPad (if you have either) is much easier. You can also pair a Bluetooth keyboard.

JohnLT13
Sep 22, 2013, 09:29 AM
Using the remote app on your iPhone or iPad (if you have either) is much easier. You can also pair a Bluetooth keyboard.

Remote app works great. Its better then talking to my tv.

From A Buick 8
Sep 22, 2013, 11:32 AM
Remote app works great. Its better then talking to my tv.

^i agree. I think Siri on the TV would not be as useful as some might think.

SluGuru
Sep 22, 2013, 01:51 PM
Yep, I am surprised Apple is going to let Microsoft beat them to this. Siri on Apple TV or using her on a mobile device to control Apple TV would be quite nice. Of course the Xbox One system is nearly a full fledged desktop so voice tech has more of a use.

CrazyNurse
Sep 23, 2013, 10:40 AM
Yep, I am surprised Apple is going to let Microsoft beat them to this. Siri on Apple TV or using her on a mobile device to control Apple TV would be quite nice. Of course the Xbox One system is nearly a full fledged desktop so voice tech has more of a use.

I dunno about voice control but MS is already years ahead with Kinect. Kinect has potential way beyond the PC. I'm surprised Apple was snoozing on that one.

From A Buick 8
Sep 23, 2013, 03:26 PM

using Siri to control through the remote app has some potential.