PDA

View Full Version : Apple weather App still thinks it is Saturday and raining

Steviejobz
Sep 22, 2013, 08:15 AM
Tried rebooting, location services on, etc.

When I launch weather app it says today is Saturday and raining (for the record it is Sunday and sunny). The calendar app shows the correct day and time. I think this is a glitch in the app. Location is turned on but I dont see the little icon up at the top when I launch app

pmau
Sep 22, 2013, 08:16 AM
Easy. Don't show up at work tomorrow...

Gdgtguru
Sep 22, 2013, 08:16 AM
Mine is doing the same thing.

bigcstyle4
Sep 22, 2013, 08:21 AM
The Yahoo weather server was/is down. This happened yesterday too for an hour or so where it said it was Friday. If you open the Yahoo Weather app (which gets its data from the same place) it will sometimes say it can't connect.

michael31986
Sep 22, 2013, 12:39 PM
Having the same problem restarted phone and doesn't change from Saturday. Funny enough my other weather for example Europe and Florida say Sunday. Lol.

darngooddesign
Sep 22, 2013, 12:44 PM
What happens if you manually add your location?

Cayennr
Sep 22, 2013, 12:47 PM
The same happened on my iPhone this morning. Weather showed information for Saturday instead of Sunday. Seems alright now.

michael31986
Sep 22, 2013, 06:17 PM
It still shows Saturday on mine wth is going on!

Cory Bauer
Sep 22, 2013, 06:37 PM
Same problem here. Weather app says it's currently 45 degrees and Saturday when in fact it's 72 degrees and Sunday. Had the same problem Friday when weather app reported no chance of rain for the day and 10 minutes later it was pouring.

Oddly, it shows up accurate in notification center but Siri also reports inaccurate results.

michael31986
Sep 22, 2013, 08:26 PM
wonder why the weather app has so many bugs. hmm we should send a bug report to apple.

DaGrandMastah
Sep 22, 2013, 08:50 PM
Lol I was gonna post yesterday that the weather app is far improved. I'll stick with Yahoo Weather. Best weather app there is.

ericg301
Sep 22, 2013, 09:17 PM
Yahoo weather app has been off all weekend too. Obviously they share the same data. Thought I was going nuts when temps on both apps said in the mid 60s but it was clearly in the 80s. Hopefully Marisa will fix this tomorrow.

Steviejobz
Sep 22, 2013, 09:28 PM
Finally figure out a solution. Under Settings > General > Reset

I reset location and privacy to factory settings and that seemed to work. Shortly after a pop up asked if Weather could use my location, I pressed "OK" and it has started to work again.

ecschwarz
Sep 22, 2013, 10:12 PM
Maybe related, but Yahoo seems to be providing a lot of bad data for this app - for the past couple of weeks, where I live has been showing that sunrise is at 1:47am (or thereabouts) and sunset at 1:55pm. This is also shown on Yahoo's own iOS weather app and the Yahoo weather web site. It's annoying, nobody from Yahoo returns any feedback messages or Tweets, so I've had to resort to another weather app.

For what it's worth, nearby cities seem to be unaffected, but I shouldn't have to disregard location services for the built-in weather app functionality.