PDA

View Full Version : Mail: How to delete multiple messages

UMRebel
Sep 22, 2013, 09:25 AM
I have been using the Yahoo Mail app in iOS 6, but decided for simplicity to only use the iOS 7 mail app once I updated so perhaps this is not a new issue. Is there any way to select all messages without having to tap each message individually to delete them (i.e. cleaning out the junk folder)? I am not seeing any way to "select all" and then delete.

darngooddesign
Sep 22, 2013, 09:27 AM
Just to mark all as read. Tbh the stock mail app has always been underpowered.

Purex
Sep 22, 2013, 09:36 AM
I have been using the Yahoo Mail app in iOS 6, but decided for simplicity to only use the iOS 7 mail app once I updated so perhaps this is not a new issue. Is there any way to select all messages without having to tap each message individually to delete them (i.e. cleaning out the junk folder)? I am not seeing any way to "select all" and then delete.

The "Delete All" function, only works in the Junk Folder / Deleted Items folder.

Doesnt work anywhere else in the Mail App. I dont understand why.

UMRebel
Sep 22, 2013, 09:48 AM
Thanks for the replies. So I guess the reason I didn't see the "delete all" functionality is because I didn't mark them as read because I was doing it from the junk folder. I'll try it again once my junk folder starts to fill back up.