Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dagdagdag234

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 15, 2011
I googled this and it's really hard to get a straight answer. Some say yes, some say minimal, some say on a lock screen much less, others say doesn't matter how much time the love wallpaper is really "on" it's constantly draining.

Is there anyone who understands the tech of how they work to give a straight answer?

ajay96

macrumors 6502a
Jul 29, 2013
New York, NY
I googled this and it's really hard to get a straight answer. Some say yes, some say minimal, some say on a lock screen much less, others say doesn't matter how much time the love wallpaper is really "on" it's constantly draining.

Is there anyone who understands the tech of how they work to give a straight answer?

From my personal experience, it's the same as a still wallpaper. I'll test it out and post some results over the next few days.

darngooddesign

macrumors P6
Jul 4, 2007
Atlanta, GA

You could try a simple experiment. Charge your phone to 100%, leave the screen on and see how much of a drain happens over an hour with each kind of wallpaper without you using it. That will tell you if the drain is the same.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.