PDA

View Full Version : Downcast question and ios7

jrsower
Sep 22, 2013, 01:10 PM
I used to listen to all my podcasts through the music app on my iphone. It worked great. I never bothered with the podcast app from apple as I heard it was terrible.

I upgraded to ios7 and I realize that I can't do that anymore. Have to use Apple's app. Downloaded it and it crashes all the time.

So I downloaded Downcast because all the reviews seemed great. But I can't find my podcasts again. Surely I don't have to subscribe and redownload all of them again right? Can't I just sync them manually like I used to do with itunes?

Somebody help a brother out.

ls1dreams
Sep 22, 2013, 01:13 PM
I used to listen to all my podcasts through the music app on my iphone. It worked great. I never bothered with the podcast app from apple as I heard it was terrible.

I upgraded to ios7 and I realize that I can't do that anymore. Have to use Apple's app. Downloaded it and it crashes all the time.

So I downloaded Downcast because all the reviews seemed great. But I can't find my podcasts again. Surely I don't have to subscribe and redownload all of them again right? Can't I just sync them manually like I used to do with itunes?

Somebody help a brother out.

What doesn't work? I have Downcast and nothing changed when I upgraded.

jrsower
Sep 22, 2013, 01:45 PM
Sorry. Apple's podcast app.

I just bought Downcast. Just need to know how to sync my already existing podcasts with Downcast instead of downloading them all over again.

iphoneuserinyyz
Sep 22, 2013, 01:47 PM
I'm pretty sure you will need to search for each feed and subscribe to it from within the Downcast app.

Worth the time because Downcast is great! (much better than Apple's Podcast app IMHO)

madsci954
Sep 22, 2013, 01:53 PM
Surely I don't have to subscribe and redownload all of them again right?

Yeah, you need to subscribe to all your podcasts again. And don't call me "Surely."