PDA

View Full Version : Contact images

Aidy06
Sep 22, 2013, 01:52 PM
Hi, I don't know if this has been discussed before and I couldn't find anything anywhere about it so I'll ask here. So my question is about the contact images, some of them appear in a circle in the too right when people call but some are full screen. I'd like them all to be in the little circle, is there a way to do this? Am i missing something? Thanks

adamgbiggs
Sep 22, 2013, 01:54 PM
Re edit them pal ;-) had to do it to my own, then all was fine.

Adam.

Aidy06
Sep 22, 2013, 02:37 PM
Re edit them pal ;-) had to do it to my own, then all was fine.

Adam.

God! I can't get away from you 😉
Tried that mate, still shows in full screen. It's only certain contacts though

adamgbiggs
Sep 22, 2013, 02:38 PM
God! I can't get away from you 😉
Tried that mate, still shows in full screen. It's only certain contacts though

Lol, am outta ideas pal, the above worked for me, not sure what else to try, baybe your backup is to blame?

Adam.

Aidy06
Sep 22, 2013, 02:45 PM
Lol, am outta ideas pal, the above worked for me, not sure what else to try, baybe your backup is to blame?

Adam.

I don't see how restoring from a backup would cause the issues though, I can delete the caller image and then add another and it'll still be full screen but it doesn't do it on all contacts. It's annoying me ha

davehutch
Sep 22, 2013, 03:30 PM
Incoming calls show full screen
Contact thumbnails are a circular area of the full screen image and that can't be changed unless you use Photoshop or similar to make a circular image to start with

I think it's a great idea!

schizbomb
Sep 22, 2013, 06:35 PM
I thought that contact images you manually add show up as full screen, ones added by apps, i.e., Facebook, are circular. I definitely know what OP means.

Aidy06
Sep 23, 2013, 12:38 AM
Incoming calls show full screen
Contact thumbnails are a circular area of the full screen image and that can't be changed unless you use Photoshop or similar to make a circular image to start with

I think it's a great idea!

Not true, some of mine show as the circle like it is in my contacts and some show full screen. Not good for the OCD in me ha

----------

I thought that contact images you manually add show up as full screen, ones added by apps, i.e., Facebook, are circular. I definitely know what OP means.

I haven't added any from apps, I don't even use Facebook. I've added them manually, it just seems strange how some appear in the circle and some are full screen

davehutch
Sep 23, 2013, 01:28 AM
That was similar in ios 6
If you added contact pics in iCloud or Apple Address Book, they were small squares in the top right corner when they called.
Added in the iPhone Contacts app they were ful screen

Aidy06
Sep 23, 2013, 02:20 AM
That was similar in ios 6
If you added contact pics in iCloud or Apple Address Book, they were small squares in the top right corner when they called.
Added in the iPhone Contacts app they were ful screen

That's the weird thing, I've added all of them in the iPhone contacts app and some are full screen and some are in the small circles. Not a major problem but it's just really annoying

deuxani
Sep 23, 2013, 05:38 AM
I have fought with this problem in the iOS 7 beta's and came to the conclusion that the ones not showing full screen when the person called, were too low of a resolution. Even pics with 1136x640 wouldn't show full screen. I don't know what the sweet spot is, but I've just updated all my contact images in Photoshop to 2000 px in height just to be sure and that does the trick.

Aidy06
Sep 23, 2013, 05:42 AM
I have fought with this problem in the iOS 7 beta's and came to the conclusion that the ones not showing full screen when the person called, were too low of a resolution. Even pics with 1136x640 wouldn't show full screen. I don't know what the sweet spot is, but I've just updated all my contact images in Photoshop to 2000 px in height just to be sure and that does the trick.

Thanks for that, I'll take a look. Just seems rather strange seeing as though all the pictures I'm using were taken on my iPhone so there really should be no problem

Grayburn
Sep 23, 2013, 06:21 AM
That's the weird thing, I've added all of them in the iPhone contacts app and some are full screen and some are in the small circles. Not a major problem but it's just really annoying

I also added all of my contact images on the phone but i had done that on an iphone 4 and have previously synced my contacts to a 4S and then a 5 via Outlook and they have all stayed small for me, just how i like it.

Aidy06
Oct 17, 2013, 01:55 AM
Anybody found out the reason for this yet? I want all my contact images to be in the small circular thumbnail when making or receiving calls, some are and some are full screen. I don't know why but it really annoys the hell out of me ha