Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Craigs25

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 22, 2013
On my wife's iPhone 4, all of her notes are completely gone after updating to iOS7. I also updated my iPhone 5 and retained all of the notes. Anyone have an idea of how to get them back? Has anyone else had this issue on the iphone4?

charlituna

macrumors G3
Jun 11, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
On my wife's iPhone 4, all of her notes are completely gone after updating to iOS7. I also updated my iPhone 5 and retained all of the notes. Anyone have an idea of how to get them back? Has anyone else had this issue on the iphone4?

Are you by chance syncing them to a yahoo email account.

Yahoo has a known issue going back months about notes. Typically they are in your online account but won't sync to devices

espo56

macrumors newbie
Jul 17, 2008
Central New Jersey
The same thing happened to me. I used notes the other day at a meeting. When I opened the app yesterday all the notes disappeared after I opened up the page. I have no idea where they are or why they disappeared. Now when I open up notes it immediately shuts down

Spacial

macrumors 6502
Aug 29, 2013
Failing to back up your data is the choice made by the person you see in the mirror.

Breezygirl

macrumors 6502a
Oct 7, 2011
Notes have been disappearing in mine for a few months now. I stopped using it and use Evernote now. Much better.

ohio.emt

macrumors 6502a
Jul 18, 2008
Ohio
In the notes app at the top left is account, click it and it and pick all accounts. When I first installed iOS 7 it was only showing notes on my phone once I selected all it showed all my past notes that were in icloud. At least that's what happened to mine.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.