Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MrPilot

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 30, 2013
Hi!

Went to see the new icloud page and to my surprice I found pages and the other two apps available as beta.

I used Nightly of Aurora for fox and TFF and it was TOO SLOW on the animations and loading but it was a breeze using webkit for leopard! Animations were smooth, good response from editing etc. Drag from the finder window the doc you wish to edit... office docs are supported.

I highly recommend trying it out using Webkit for leopard :)

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
Hi!

Went to see the new icloud page and to my surprice I found pages and the other two apps available as beta.

I used Nightly of Aurora for fox and TFF and it was TOO SLOW on the animations and loading but it was a breeze using webkit for leopard! Animations were smooth, good response from editing etc. Drag from the finder window the doc you wish to edit... office docs are supported.

I highly recommend trying it out using Webkit for leopard :)
You might try making a Fluid app for it. That may work better for you. I made one a while back and it works pretty well. Fluid is Webkit and you can give it a specific User Agent so iCloud doesn't reject you if you need to.

MrPilot

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 30, 2013
You might try making a Fluid app for it. That may work better for you. I made one a while back and it works pretty well. Fluid is Webkit and you can give it a specific User Agent so iCloud doesn't reject you if you need to.

Ah yes, of course! Will have to try that :)

Might actually give grocck's tip of the day a try... that is the webkit relinking to fluid.

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011

Might actually give grocck's tip of the day a try... that is the webkit relinking to fluid.
Cool! Sounds good.

More and more I find myself making Fluid apps for specific sites that I visit frequently for a specific purpose. Keeps the load off the main browser while giving me a browser that is quick and responsive for that momentary use.

MrPilot

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 30, 2013
Cool! Sounds good.

More and more I find myself making Fluid apps for specific sites that I visit frequently for a specific purpose. Keeps the load off the main browser while giving me a browser that is quick and responsive for that momentary use.

Yeah, plus that you can create user styles ;) Though icloud needs all real estate

grockk

macrumors 6502
Mar 16, 2006

iCloud.com in Fluid just doesn't perform as well as in the browser for me. Weird. I have no idea why. whether using the built in safari or relinking against Leopard Webkit (537.69). Using Webkit.app is noticeable difference in speed for some sites and I've never dug into it before. Maybe someone else try it using this method LINK i just posted.

MrPilot

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 30, 2013
iCloud.com in Fluid just doesn't perform as well as in the browser for me. Weird. I have no idea why. whether using the built in safari or relinking against Leopard Webkit (537.69). Using Webkit.app is noticeable difference in speed for some sites and I've never dug into it before. Maybe someone else try it using this method LINK i just posted.

Didn't work... just use webkit for leopard for now :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.