Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ent

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 24, 2009
While we represent the minority (and we hear a lot of complaining on MR), a lot of my family members and friends are saying the same thing about how they hate the update. Calling it childish colors and slow animations. Are you guys hearing the same thing?

luminouslight

macrumors 6502
Nov 29, 2012
Orlando FL
Not for me, I have downloaded it for my mom and my brother as they are not very good with technology and they didn't even know it was out til I told them. They really like it so far and tell me it's very "slick". Though they ask dumb questions sometimes like "why did they change everything, now I have to get used to it all again? /sigh" LOL.

ZakL

macrumors newbie
Aug 31, 2013
Almost everyone I know who has updated to iOS7 likes the new features, but hate the new design (especially the fisher price icons).

hrrslmpk

macrumors member
Aug 28, 2013
I did...until they ACTUALLY installed it smh now they "love" it and are cursing the words iOS 6 lol

adamgbiggs

macrumors 6502a
Jun 28, 2013
UK
Everyone I've shown it to on my i5 loved it as I went through the betas, and they have all since installed it (public release) on there devices and are very happy with it.

IMO iOS needed this refreshing new look, it was starting to look old and stale.

Adam.

Carlanga

macrumors 604
Nov 5, 2009
The non techies in my family will complain for a few days because they will have to relearn pictures of where to press things. My mom before her iPhone didn't even text, now she sends me pictures and responds through email, connects to free wifi areas and skypes. She said when I talked to her via Skype that my sisters iPad updated to 7 that even though is different is not that different compared to the mess win 8 is on her new laptop.

Skika

macrumors 68030
Mar 11, 2009
My mother is absolutely thrilled about iOS7 and likes to use her iPhone (4S) even more.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.