Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Omen88

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 8, 2002
Flanders (Belgium)
I have a G4 Cube with the standard USB speakers and I've read now that the iSub should work with it now.

But I'm riddled about the connections. I don't have an ADC monitor so I have only 2 USB ports, one for my keyboard and one for my standard speakers.

Does anyone know if you can connect the iSub to your keyboard hub or a standard hub without having interference of the sound signal? Or does there exist an adapter which you plug into your ADC port and get an extra USB port?

So if anyone knows something about this, I'd appreciate your thoughts.

menoinjun

macrumors 6502a
Jul 7, 2001
I don't think the iSub will work with the cube. Only the iMacs have the built in crossover for the usb ports, and no other line has them. I wouldn't go out and buy one without calling apple and making sure.

-Pete

Six

macrumors regular
Jan 6, 2002
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
I've attached a keyboard to my hub in the past on an iMac, so i'd assume its the same.. it worked fine, but i couldnt turn on the computer with the power key on the keyboard.. no big deal though..

eyelikeart

Moderator emeritus
Jan 2, 2001
Metairie, LA
I've read a few posts regarding use of the iSub with the Cube and whatnot....

u would figure that Apple would have this thing designed to work with all Macs?!

Omen88

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 8, 2002
Flanders (Belgium)
On the site of harman kardon it says the iSub is compatible with the cube from OS X 10.1. And I've read somewhere that it worked, but I guess they connected the iSub to the Monitor's USB port. On HK's site it says that you should put the iSub directly into your USB port (no hubs), otherwise it'll interfere with the sound. But If I connect both iSub and speaker to my USB port, then I'm left without a keyboard hehe.

Maybe someone has experience with connecting an iSub to his keyboard or usb hub and it does not interfere (I don't always believe those warnings). Or a way to get the USB port from the ADC connector without an ADC monitor.

-=AsukA=-

macrumors member
Jan 7, 2002
get soundsticks!

Get soundsticks there the best! they look cool and sound even better! and yes the the soundsticks work with the cube , i have seen many displays and herd the speakers and woofers working with the cube (and it says on the box "ALL POWERMACINTOSH G4's WORK"

Omen88

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 8, 2002
Flanders (Belgium)
Re: get soundsticks!

Originally posted by -=AsukA=-
Get soundsticks there the best! they look cool and sound even better! and yes the the soundsticks work with the cube , i have seen many displays and herd the speakers and woofers working with the cube (and it says on the box "ALL POWERMACINTOSH G4's WORK"

Yes I was aware of that option but the soundsticks are 199$ and the iSub is 59$, and I only need the subwoofer after all. I'm still a student and spent most of my money on the new cube :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.