PDA

View Full Version : The iOS 7 Positive Feedback Thread

djtech42
Sep 22, 2013, 07:56 PM
With a majority of this forum being complaining, hating, and trolling, we need a thread where people can talk about the good aspects of iOS 7 and their positive experiences. I don't mean that iOS 7 is perfect for everybody, but I'm sure everybody can find something they like about the new OS.

If people come onto the forum right now, they will be turned off from updating to iOS 7 because of all the negative responses. The reality is that there will always be more negative threads than positive threads because people tend to not be as vocal about positive experiences as they are about negative experiences. When somebody has a negative experience, they want to complain and go on about everything they hate about it.

The people that hate Apple are a vocal minority. It doesn't represent the majority of people. The same can be applied to iOS 7. I know a lot of people that are enjoying iOS 7, and iOS 7 has the fastest adoption rate of any iOS version.

So please, add your positive feedback here. Tell us your favorite feature, improvement, or design aspect.

zhenya
Sep 22, 2013, 08:01 PM
Installed on iPhone 5 and ipad 4. Loving it on both. iOS badly needed a visual update as it was quite stale. Battery life is as normal, many of the tweaks are welcomed - especially multitasking UI, the the quick settings bar from the bottom, and the new gestures. There are a few visual things that can be improved, but they are minor and we will see them changed in time.

benoitgphoto
Sep 22, 2013, 08:13 PM
Love almost everything about iOS 7 especially the calendar app. Only thing I have hard time to get used to is the zoom in/out animations. Everything else is a welcome improvement.

Armen
Sep 22, 2013, 08:59 PM
No need for a positive thread. The fact that iOS 7 adoption rate was higher than iOS 6 shows what is really happening out there.

gamesetmatch
Sep 22, 2013, 09:19 PM
Although iOS 7 is not perfect, I can't imagine going back to iOS 6.

Of course there are things that need improvement, but no company has ever released a perfect operating system after a major overhaul.

Just my two cents.

crjackson2134
Sep 22, 2013, 09:37 PM
Initially I preferred the look of iOS 6. I was worried about the poor performance reports I read here with regards to my particular hardware (iPhone 4S x3, iPad3, iPad4). I went to best buy and did a brief once over of iOS 7 on an iPhone 4S. I was pleased with what I saw. I upgraded the 3 iPhones and the iPad4.

I'm very happy with the snappy performance on my iPhones. I see NO performance lag. I turned on "Reduce Motion", off Background App Refresh.

The iPhone 4S has better performance than the iPad4. I think iOS7 is less optimized for iPads at this point. I'm very happy with the upgrade.

JoeyCloverfield
Sep 22, 2013, 09:41 PM
One thing that I like is that now you can close the current app you're on in the multitasking view. In iOS 6 you had to go to the springboard or another app, bring up the multitasking tray again, hold & wait… then close it. Now it's just simple swipe up.

ljusmc
Sep 22, 2013, 09:43 PM
I like it so far on my 4s. I dont really understand all the gripes.

gkarris
Sep 22, 2013, 10:35 PM
Don't like it on my iPad, but saw it today on an iPhone 5C at T-Mobile and it seemed to be designed well for that fun, colorful phone.

Want a 5C when the price falls....

MeUnix
Sep 22, 2013, 10:45 PM
I've been using iOS 7 since the third beta and I have loved every minute of it. I agree with others when they say that iOS needed an overhaul, and I think (for the most part) they did an awesome job.

The new features, interface, and notification center are really nice.

It made me love my iPhone that much more :D:apple:

CB1234
Sep 22, 2013, 11:19 PM
I am unable to think of any one thing I like most about ios7, cuz I love all of it..

Pre ios7, my usage on ios6 was about 4 hours + standby time - it's now upto 6 odd hours... I keep on going back to ios7 and enjoy the new UI and loving every minute of it...

I am sure some glitches and issues will be ironed out, but overall I jus love it...

I have 7 downloaded on all the iPhones and iPads in my family....

I am now eagerly awaiting for the new OSX Mavericks......

roycemac
Sep 23, 2013, 08:27 AM
I, too, read all the negatives and then realized that resistance was futile so I updated.
I'm happy I did.
Overall the performance is better and the ui is much more intuitive than ios6.
Essential operations are much more easily accessed .
Yes, had to put Reduce Motion ON to stop the motion sickness.

THe look is clean and easier to read...dare I say modern?

If I had to make comment on the misses in this iOS:
1. Notepad. I liked the lines on the page... Easier to organize thoughts visually with the lines IMHO. And the color for clickable links is very bad....hard to read that orangey brown on the white background. This was a bad call.
2. I would like to have seen an indicator in Notepad as to which Account the note lives in. I have multiple devices and have duplicate notes but it's frustrating to figure out which Niobe is in which account to do housekeeping .
3. I find having to click the home button twice to see the open apps cumbersome for a device capable of multi-gestures and with so much screen-estate available. I would have thought that I would also be able, at this late date, to have at least 2 windows open simultaneously to increase productivity.
4. A minor issue: the message and FaceTime icons are too close in color to each other... Visually annoying.
5. Another minor icon issue,,,the photos icon and the Game Center icon,,,,they found those colored balls and damn it they were going to use them twice because they liked them so much. Really? Did the graphic designers come to the mtg unprepared and had to whip up an icon in the hallway before walking in?
6. The notification center is great but I would like to have the option to see Tomorrow's Calendar line up or at least be able to click/link to the Calendar from the notification screen rather than being told that " I have a busy day coming up starting at 7:15am". That is a bit obnoxious.
7. This is perhaps the worst of all...how do I choose to ignore a call from the locked screen? If you know please tell me.

Hopefully Apple will correct these minor mis-steps relatively soon.
Otherwise a successful update.
For the nay-Sayers, Choosing to go to another device is not an option. I use Apple devices not merely for the device functions, but rather fir thug complete environment that Apple creates. No other device/ company comes close...and I have gad them all...including Blackberry.

TommyA6
Sep 23, 2013, 08:33 AM
I, too, read all the negatives and then realized that resistance was futile so I updated.
I'm happy I did.
Overall the performance is better and the ui is much more intuitive than ios6.
Essential operations are much more easily accessed .
Yes, had to put Reduce Motion ON to stop the motion sickness.

THe look is clean and easier to read...dare I say modern?

If I had to make comment on the misses in this iOS:
1. Notepad. I liked the lines on the page... Easier to organize thoughts visually with the lines IMHO. And the color for clickable links is very bad....hard to read that orangey brown on the white background. This was a bad call.
2. I would like to have seen an indicator in Notepad as to which Account the note lives in. I have multiple devices and have duplicate notes but it's frustrating to figure out which Niobe is in which account to do housekeeping .
3. I find having to click the home button twice to see the open apps cumbersome for a device capable of multi-gestures and with so much screen-estate available. I would have thought that I would also be able, at this late date, to have at least 2 windows open simultaneously to increase productivity.
4. A minor issue: the message and FaceTime icons are too close in color to each other... Visually annoying.
5. Another minor icon issue,,,the photos icon and the Game Center icon,,,,they found those colored balls and damn it they were going to use them twice because they liked them so much. Really? Did the graphic designers come to the mtg unprepared and had to whip up an icon in the hallway before walking in?
6. The notification center is great but I would like to have the option to see Tomorrow's Calendar line up or at least be able to click/link to the Calendar from the notification screen rather than being told that " I have a busy day coming up starting at 7:15am". That is a bit obnoxious.
7. This is perhaps the worst of all...how do I choose to ignore a call from the locked screen? If you know please tell me.

Hopefully Apple will correct these minor mis-steps relatively soon.
Otherwise a successful update.
For the nay-Sayers, Choosing to go to another device is not an option. I use Apple devices not merely for the device functions, but rather fir thug complete environment that Apple creates. No other device/ company comes close...and I have gad them all...including Blackberry.

Double pressing the power button.

AppleRobert
Sep 23, 2013, 08:37 AM
Preference is one thing, showstoppers is quite another.

I have none personally for the latter but I'm not a power user per se. My only gripe is why did it take Apple so long and I'm confident they will iron out some glitches as well with this great OS. :)

TommyA6
Sep 23, 2013, 08:41 AM
I love iOS 7, and 200 million iOS 7 users in 5 days says something about its success as well. :)

byke
Sep 23, 2013, 08:44 AM
I love iOS 7, and 200 million iOS 7 users in 5 days says something about its success as well. :)

yeah it says the doors been closed and there is noway to get back to ios 6 if you don't like ios 7.

paulsdenton
Sep 23, 2013, 08:44 AM
IOS 7 is so absolutely superior to anything that has gone before that I continue to be amazed. I installed it on my two iPads and my iPhone 5 (and my old iPhone 4 that I use as an iPod) and it has worked perfectly in every case.

I love the look, the skinny fonts and the colors. It's so modern and clean looking.

My whole family (six iPhone 5 and 2 iPod) all upgraded with the same reaction.

Total home run Apple. All hail Jony Ive!

MagicHAM
Sep 23, 2013, 08:45 AM
I love it. I think it looks really good. Stuff n Stuff.

My husband says it looks like something a child drew up on a chalk board or in a preschool drug class. I definetly was disappointed when he said that. He is a more of an Apple geek then i am!

I think it looks good. Apple have shown the initiative to make a bold chance with the iOS7 operating system. The flat icons make it look more modern and more up to date. Skumorphisim is so outdated and yes we know Jobs liked that sort of crap, but it's good to see this old system get a refresh. Love the translucent effects.

Death to fisher price icons! Long live the queen!

sflomenb
Sep 23, 2013, 08:51 AM
I love everything about iOS 7. All of the improvement are great and I think everything is better. It's wonderful.

AppleRobert
Sep 23, 2013, 08:53 AM
yeah it says the doors been closed and there is noway to get back to ios 6 if you don't like ios 7.

Nope, no one was forced to upgrade. There were enough warnings and complaints beforehand with the betas and early GM IOS 7 adapters so ...

omenatarhuri
Sep 23, 2013, 09:04 AM
I like it all around. It looks good and feels good.

I like how the new Siri talks faster and the control center is a great addition for sure.

Merkyworks
Sep 23, 2013, 09:22 AM
+1 for liking iOS7. I would agree with a couple of roycemac comments and also add that I wish music would change a little. Overall I think its a great change. :D

TommyA6
Sep 23, 2013, 10:19 AM

People could have seen iOS 7 a dozen times before it was released. It was on a front page on apple.com for 3 months, plus it was on every possible news site (tech or not tech related)

bandofbrothers
Sep 23, 2013, 11:40 AM
No complaints from me thus far.

Didz81
Sep 23, 2013, 12:04 PM
After watching several YouTube videos of people running the betas from 1 to 6 over the summer, I got more and more excited to try iOS 7 out for myself and kept counting down the weeks and days until the official release. With so much confusion and pure guessing around the actual release date, it made it harder to wait as no one really knew the date until Apple officially announced it on the September 10 keynote. I wasn't feeling the new icons at first but after having watched all the beta videos, I grew to become more excited about the look and feel of iOS 7 and now, after official release, the icons don't really bother me. iOS 7 runs beautifully on all of my devices (iPhone 5, iPod Touch 5G and iPad 2) and I thoroughly enjoy using the new OS update. Some people in my family aren't quite into the new look yet but I'm sure they'll come around to accepting it more as they use it more in everyday life.

Only bummer is that the panorama wallpaper feature is gone, it was one of the things that got me really excited for iOS 7 but it's otherwise an all around much welcome update. Really feeling the light look and translucency and the parallax wallpaper feature is really neat too.

palmerc2
Sep 23, 2013, 12:11 PM
I love it. Feels a lot more modern than all previous iOS versions. On my iPhone 5 it's very snappy.

There's room for improvement in a few places, but overall I'm very happy & satisfied with the update.

Gutwrench
Sep 23, 2013, 12:51 PM
I feel Appoe did a spectacular job in the development and roll out of such a os deliverable. I'd like to have a couple features added and some removed or reworked but considering the scope Apple did an excellent job.

JetBlack7
Sep 23, 2013, 01:16 PM
No need for a positive thread. The fact that iOS 7 adoption rate was higher than iOS 6 shows what is really happening out there.

This is the perfect response. The adoption of IOS 7 was so big, that it explains what is happening.

Personally i love everything about IOS 7, a much needed long overdue overhaul that Apple should've already done.

bp1000
Sep 29, 2013, 06:44 AM
I can't imagine going back to ios6

My 5, 5s and iPad 4 is working beautifully. I think it looks really fresh and modern and more in tune with apples philosophy.

I never saw the vision for ios7 and I can see now why they wanted forstall out. The new coalition have done a great first job.

This was a major release and it could have been much worse. It's the beginning of I think great things.

My only issues are the occasional crash out of settings and photos app.

I have iOS 6 on my 4s and it just looks crusty and gimmicky now. Ironically it looked good 3 weeks ago

zhenya
Sep 29, 2013, 01:42 PM
No way I would go back. One of my favorite features I just found out about. Those stupid drop down notifications can now be swiped out of the way instead of waiting what felt like an eternity for them to clear on ios6.

Altis
Sep 29, 2013, 02:07 PM
I really like the new safari. More screen space, it doesn't bump the page up when it finishes loading...

The new lock screen looks nice. I find it looks crisper and made for retina. The keyboards look great when you invert colours (so that it's black). Since there's so much white, inverting colours makes it all black.

That's all I got. It goes downhill from there :(

DannyDrama
Sep 29, 2013, 02:50 PM
I have not had a single problem with iOS7. I like the lock screen and passcode screen and the fact that the date is clear at the top of the notification drawer.

The live filters on the camera are great. I actually took a great vintage looking photo of my garden (attached), the first time I've used the camera to good effect.

The 'reduce motion' switch is welcome, as is the call blocking. AirDrop has also been used much more than anticipated, as the adage goes 'it just works'.

A random note but my Bluetooth adapter for my speakers seems much more stable and less likely to drop out. Not sure if it's related.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/09/30/eva6a9am.jpg

Yptcn
Sep 29, 2013, 04:11 PM
I love iOS 7 and am finding out new stuff every day. For instance today I realized how fluid changing from photo to video was on the camera app. I have now deleted the extra video taking app I had .

LagLiquidators
Sep 29, 2013, 04:12 PM
I absolutely love iOS7. It's the best update to me since we got folders.

bandrews
Sep 29, 2013, 04:13 PM
I love the layering and the way the wallpaper determines the colour of the keys when you type in your pass code.
Air Drop is fantastic. So easy to use.
I have had no usability issues with any.
Great new ring tones/alerts.
Using stock apps more than ever - flicking from the edge to go back and forward in safari is great. Love calendar for the first time ever.
For the first time, the OS and hardware seem to be designed by the same company.
Yes, there are glitches but I'm counting on these being ironed out in the coming months.
Most amazingly though, deep down it is still very obviously iOS.