PDA

View Full Version : [iPhone] 5S Home Button - light touch

mrkjsn
Sep 22, 2013, 08:46 PM
Anyone else think Apple should allow the software to go to the home screen just by simply laying your finger on the home button? I found this feature to be quite helpful when my new 5S scans my finger and moves to the home screen. Not being lazy about the whole thing. I know that I can just press the button but for the sake of always looking for ways to improve the user experience, I think it's something Apple should implement. There are times when my phone is sitting on something soft that it makes it awkward to try and press. Or, when it's on one hand - being able to lightly touch instead of pressing, which I always have to be extra cautious about so the phone doesn't fall off my hand. At any rate, just an observation from a few days of ownership.

DayOfChaos
Sep 22, 2013, 08:47 PM
That be awesome, I feel like that could be added in a software update. Don't know if it take lots of juice to keep the finger print sensor on all the time, as I assume it only activates once software triggers it, but I could be wrong.

ideal.dreams
Sep 22, 2013, 09:46 PM
That be awesome, I feel like that could be added in a software update. Don't know if it take lots of juice to keep the finger print sensor on all the time, as I assume it only activates once software triggers it, but I could be wrong.

I'm pretty sure it only comes on when the capacitive metal ring around it receives input.

mrkjsn
Sep 23, 2013, 10:19 AM

I agree - I think this is a software upgrade, which is why I posted under iOS7. Hopefully Apple picks up on taking advantage of the feature. Good point about the battery and hopefully the post above regarding the ring is true as it would make it easier to implement.

Merkyworks
Sep 23, 2013, 10:36 AM
Interesting idea, would make the home button like a "soft key". Apple may already have plans for this idea but wants to slowly roll out the changes as to not confuse people to much. Get them use to using the touch id for only one task then once used to that open it up to multiple tasks.

Until then however I bet there will be a jailbreak app for this in the future.

mrkjsn
Sep 23, 2013, 08:56 PM
Interesting idea, would make the home button like a "soft key". Apple may already have plans for this idea but wants to slowly roll out the changes as to not confuse people to much. Get them use to using the touch id for only one task then once used to that open it up to multiple tasks.

Until then however I bet there will be a jailbreak app for this in the future.

Hope that would be the case. The more I use it, the more it makes sense for them to use the function.

stephen1108
Sep 24, 2013, 01:32 AM

Until then however I bet there will be a jailbreak tweak for this in the future.

I'm almost sure of it, it makes sense tbh. And it shouldn't be hard to do.