PDA

View Full Version : iOS7 Hotmail 2000 unread mails??

Prissy
Sep 22, 2013, 09:45 PM
So after I updated to iOS 7 with my iPhone 5, I have 2000 unread hotmail emails, is there a way to fix this? Thanks.

daveghard
Sep 22, 2013, 09:57 PM
This is my problem long long time ago using hotmail on iOS mail app. It does not sync with the server. Every month i need to login on the web and do manual cleaning of hotmail.... Until one day i found this app called mBox for hotmail. It works great but with a price. Not my intention to promote this app but to share my experience, i never regret using this for hotmail. My iOS mail only iCloud/mobile me account.

iamchris1990yal
Sep 22, 2013, 11:40 PM
I had the same issue. There are 2 work arounds I found.
The fast-I-dont-care-that-much thing you can do is:

Settings>Notification Centre>Mail>*your email*> Switch off Badge App Icon.

The badge with the 2000 emails will disappear from your home screen but you will still have the emails when you go into your mail box.

The other way, which I did is a bit more time consuming but works fine.

1. Go to your emails.
2. Tap Edit at the top right
3. Tap "Mark All"
4. Select "Mark as read"

I dont think this selects ALL the emails in your folder so keep scrolling down to the next batch of unread emails and re-do steps 1-4 until your inbox is cleared.

Done! :)

xConnerIdan
Sep 23, 2013, 12:42 AM
So after I updated to iOS 7 with my iPhone 5, I have 2000 unread hotmail emails, is there a way to fix this? Thanks.

I had this kind of bug in the Gmail app, just tape the icon and click on an email or two, and it should revert back to it's original number. :)

CTHarrryH
Sep 23, 2013, 08:49 AM
Hotmail connects as a POP email, doesn't it? I think that means that what happens on one device doesn't update on other devices so everything is still new.

I think but could be wrong about this.

Stuke00
Sep 23, 2013, 08:56 AM
Hotmail connects as a POP email, doesn't it? I think that means that what happens on one device doesn't update on other devices so everything is still new.

I think but could be wrong about this.

Correct. Pop does not sync the client to the server.