PDA

View Full Version : Everyone who updated to iOS 7 and doesn't like it

MeUnix
Sep 22, 2013, 10:26 PM
I have noticed many people talking about how they do not like the changes implemented in iOS 7....

So my question is, why did you upgrade, especially when iOS 7 was announced and previewed at the WWDC '13 Keynote, as well as the iPhone release event?

Obviously, this thread does not apply to everyone.

John T
Sep 23, 2013, 04:53 AM
It's simply a matter of taste. Some people like it and others don't. That's human nature.

Then of course, there are those that just moan for the sake of doing so! ;)

Jiz
Sep 23, 2013, 04:59 AM
Well, after my upgrade to IOS7 my iPhone is not compatible with my 2 Macs running OS 10.5.8.
Cannot access iTunes to back up or sync.

Now I must upgrade to Snow Leopard.
Unfortunately after visiting an Apple store, then an hour on the phone....Snow Leopard is not available here in Thailand and they DONT KNOW WHEN THREY WILL HAVE IT.

icemantx
Sep 23, 2013, 05:18 AM
Well, after my upgrade to IOS7 my iPhone is not compatible with my 2 Macs running OS 10.5.8.

Unfortunately after visiting an Apple store, then an hour on the phone....Snow Leopard is not available here in Thailand and they DONT KNOW WHEN THREY WILL HAVE IT.

Snow Leopard came out in 2009 - can't you get a copy off if eBay?

JackieInCo
Sep 23, 2013, 05:57 AM
I upgraded my Mini and 4S but then noticed one of my most used apps has a bug in it with notifications. I downgraded back to 6.1.3 on both on Friday.

That app was updated for the phone on Friday but not for the iPad. Once the iPad version gets updated, I'll upgrade again.

MeUnix
Sep 26, 2013, 10:53 PM

Yes, unfortunately you need OS X Snow Leopard 10.6.8 to use the version of iTunes compatible with iOS 7.

You could always buy a copy of Snow Leopard from eBay..

juswest
Sep 26, 2013, 11:02 PM
People who frequent these forums have no excuse. However, I have encountered plenty of people that dislike the changes. They have said they'll stick with it, because they like Apple.

likemyorbs
Sep 26, 2013, 11:05 PM
Snow Leopard came out in 2009 - can't you get a copy off if eBay?

Or "alternative" methods. Getting a copy of snow leopard really should not be a problem.

Blau
Sep 26, 2013, 11:08 PM
Everyone so far at my school that I've seen running iOS 7 seem to like it. It's all a matter of preference though.

FreeState
Sep 26, 2013, 11:10 PM

I don't know where you are in Thailand, but there are several places in Bangkok that sell it - for very little I might add.

AppleFanatic10
Sep 26, 2013, 11:11 PM
I have noticed many people talking about how they do not like the changes implemented in iOS 7....

So my question is, why did you upgrade, especially when iOS 7 was announced and previewed at the WWDC '13 Keynote, as well as the iPhone release event?

Obviously, this thread does not apply to everyone.

I think most people updated to see if they liked the new iOS..

WSR
Sep 26, 2013, 11:43 PM
I updated because of the new features even though I knew I wouldn't like the look.

Apps like clock and calendar look like they have had a bucket of white paint poured on them. Which makes the harder to read and harder to use since you don't have the clues as to where the gadgets end.