Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BrandonSi

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 13, 2005
Chicago, IL
Just curious if anyone knows of a site, kind of like rentacoder.com, where you can submit requests for logo designs or custom art..? I'm trying to get a decent graphic logo made, but not sure where to start. It's for a small website i'm starting, and I really am trying to avoid paying the ~$200 most places charge..

Any ideas?

ATD

macrumors 6502a
Sep 25, 2005
BrandonSi said:
Just curious if anyone knows of a site, kind of like rentacoder.com, where you can submit requests for logo designs or custom art..? I'm trying to get a decent graphic logo made, but not sure where to start. It's for a small website i'm starting, and I really am trying to avoid paying the ~$200 most places charge..

Any ideas?

Try

http://www.Guru.com/

BTW $200 is not alot for a logo

Mitthrawnuruodo

Moderator emeritus
Mar 10, 2004
Bergen, Norway
BrandonSi said:
Any ideas?
Have an informal contest here at MR. This place is crawling with designers, and most of them wouldn't mind a challenge just for the glory (;)). You could even offer some nice little price (like $199 :p) to make it even more attracting.

There has been several people getting help with logo design here earlier, and if you specify what kind of website the logo is for, maybe outline which designs you like and how the website will appear when finished you can get som nice suggestions right here at the MR. :)

ATD

macrumors 6502a
Sep 25, 2005
Mitthrawnuruodo said:
Have an informal contest here at MR. This place is crawling with designers, and most of them wouldn't mind a challenge just for the glory (;)). You could even offer some nice little price (like $199 :p) to make it even more attracting.

There has been several people getting help with logo design here earlier, and if you specify what kind of website the logo is for, maybe outline which designs you like and how the website will appear when finished you can get som nice suggestions right here at the MR. :)

Good idea.

pdpfilms

macrumors 68020
Jun 29, 2004
Vermontana
Mitthrawnuruodo said:

Many of these designers are kids just looking for things to work on, and would be more than psyched to have even $100 for their work. I know that was my case with video a few years ago... i jumped on anything.

BrandonSi

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 13, 2005
Chicago, IL
pdpfilms said:
Many of these designers are kids just looking for things to work on, and would be more than psyched to have even $100 for their work. I know that was my case with video a few years ago... i jumped on anything.

Thanks guys, I might look into doing that. As for $200, I know it's not a lot for a logo, but this isn't for a business, it's just a hobby site so I'm not looking to retain a design firm or anything serious :) Just thought I would feel it out.. Thanks again for the suggestions!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.