PDA

View Full Version : Require Passcode

hellomacguy
Sep 23, 2013, 01:48 AM
My iPhone 5s running 7.0.1 requires that I input my passcode or use Touch ID every time I unlock it. When I go to Settings>General>Passcode & Finderprint>Require Passcode the only option is "Immediately". I would like to change it to only require it after 5 minutes. My 4s running 6.0.1 has this setting and from what I've read iOS should support this. How can I get this to work?

kaplanfx
Sep 23, 2013, 02:09 AM
My iPhone 5s running 7.0.1 requires that I input my passcode or use Touch ID every time I unlock it. When I go to Settings>General>Passcode & Finderprint>Require Passcode the only option is "Immediately". I would like to change it to only require it after 5 minutes. My 4s running 6.0.1 has this setting and from what I've read iOS should support this. How can I get this to work?

I think you want to use the option at the top of that menu that says Turn Passcode Off.

-kap

prefekt
Sep 23, 2013, 08:43 AM
I think you want to use the option at the top of that menu that says Turn Passcode Off.

-kap

This doesn't address the situation. Turning the passcode off turns off the requirement altogether. I agree that it would be nice to have options other than 'immediately'. It gets especially annoying when i'm responding to a text or anything else that pops up in notification center, seconds after i've put my phone down.

Stuke00
Sep 23, 2013, 08:45 AM
This doesn't address the situation. Turning the passcode off turns off the requirement altogether. I agree that it would be nice to have options other than 'immediately'. It gets especially annoying when i'm responding to a text or anything else that pops up in notification center, seconds after i've put my phone down.

If you use Touch ID, then "Immediately" is the only option. It is very simple to unlock the phone with Touch ID.

iRebound
Sep 23, 2013, 08:50 AM
Remember that you don't even have to swipe to unlock. Simply press on the home button to turn on the screen and leave your thumb on the button. It will unlock. I think it's faster than swipe to unlock.

hellomacguy
Sep 23, 2013, 07:13 PM
If you use Touch ID, then "Immediately" is the only option. It is very simple to unlock the phone with Touch ID.Thanks, that's what I needed to know. Too bad I can't use Touch ID then.

Tyler23
Sep 23, 2013, 07:29 PM
Thanks, that's what I needed to know. Too bad I can't use Touch ID then.

Why can't you?

zipster
Sep 23, 2013, 08:11 PM
Yeah, this "feature" is annoying. If I want to respond to a text, I have to enter my passcode, even if I JUST used the phone.

Stuke00
Sep 23, 2013, 08:21 PM
Yeah, this "feature" is annoying. If I want to respond to a text, I have to enter my passcode, even if I JUST used the phone.

You don't have to enter a passcode if you use Touch ID. If you don't have Touch ID then you just change the timer.

zipster
Sep 23, 2013, 08:29 PM
You don't have to enter a passcode if you use Touch ID. If you don't have Touch ID then you just change the timer.

If you get a text and want to swipe to reply, you must enter your passcode (if you use Touch ID), since the only option is 'require immediately'.

Stuke00
Sep 23, 2013, 08:30 PM
If you get a text and want to swipe to reply, you must enter your passcode (if you use Touch ID), since the only option is 'require immediately'.

Have you ever used Touch ID? You don't have to enter your pass code. Just hold your finger on the home button and you unlock the phone.

zipster
Sep 23, 2013, 08:34 PM
Have you ever used Touch ID? You don't have to enter your pass code. Just hold your finger on the home button and you unlock the phone.

Do you have an iPhone 5s? :confused:

If so, recreate my scenario.

Stuke00
Sep 23, 2013, 08:37 PM
Do you have an iPhone 5s? :confused:

If so, recreate my scenario.

On the enter passcode screen I put my finger on the button and it gets past the screen. Maybe I don't understand the problem.

zipster
Sep 23, 2013, 08:41 PM
On the enter passcode screen I put my finger on the button and it gets past the screen. Maybe I don't understand the problem.

If you choose to swipe to unlock or swipe to read a notification, you have to enter your passcode.

Sure, I can just rest my finger on the home button, but it just unlocks the phone, it doesn't address the notification I specifically want.

Stuke00
Sep 23, 2013, 08:43 PM
If you choose to swipe to unlock or swipe to read a notification, you have to enter your passcode.

Sure, I can just rest my finger on the home button, but it just unlocks the phone, it doesn't address the notification I specifically want.

Just tested and it worked fine. Swiped on text notification, put finger on home button, messages app opened.

zipster
Sep 23, 2013, 08:56 PM
Just tested and it worked fine. Swiped on text notification, put finger on home button, messages app opened.

oh WOW. yes. duh.

Thank you. :cool:

Stuke00
Sep 23, 2013, 08:57 PM
:) No problem. Glad to help.

spartanrob
Sep 26, 2013, 02:39 PM
I completely understand what's going on here, let me add my 2 cents.
On previous versions, under Require Passcode, i seem to remember you could set a timeout, now you can't. So, if i turn my phone off and immediately turn it back on, it requires a passcode or fingerprint. Obviously the fingerprint is quick and easy (it's working perfect for me).

I would like to be able to change the require passcode from immediate to maybe 2 or 3 minutes so a simple click without passcode/fingerprint will wake up the phone.

Not a big deal, but does seem like a change.

sflomenb
Sep 26, 2013, 06:12 PM
Yeah, like others have said, if you want to address a specific notification on your lock screen, swipe it, then use touch ID. Goes right to the notification.