PDA

View Full Version : Sound Notification Issue

ZGXtreme
Sep 23, 2013, 02:17 AM
Using iOS 7 on an iPhone 5. Today I noticed that even when not placed on silent, I was not being notified of texts with an audible notification. Checked settings and all were correct. The wife called me and the ring tone played. However, that is the only audible notification I receive. There something else option wise within the OS I am overlooking?

Second issue, I'm reminded/notified that an accessory or cable may not work with the phone. What is odd, is there is no cable or accessory connected to the phone when I am receiving these notices.

Armen
Sep 23, 2013, 02:43 AM
Using iOS 7 on an iPhone 5. Today I noticed that even when not placed on silent, I was not being notified of texts with an audible notification. Checked settings and all were correct. The wife called me and the ring tone played. However, that is the only audible notification I receive. There something else option wise within the OS I am overlooking?

Second issue, I'm reminded/notified that an accessory or cable may not work with the phone. What is odd, is there is no cable or accessory connected to the phone when I am receiving these notices.

I'm suspecting something is wrong with your lightning port. I think it thinks your phone is connected to a speaker dock.

1. That would explain the accessory error

2. If it IS in dock mode only the phone ringing would be heard through the speaker. Alert sounds would go to the imaginary dock that dint there. Do you get alerts with headphones on?

ZGXtreme
Sep 23, 2013, 02:47 AM
I'm suspecting something is wrong with your lightning port. I think it thinks your phone is connected to a speaker dock.

1. That would explain the accessory error

2. If it IS in dock mode only the phone ringing would be heard through the speaker. Alert sounds would go to the imaginary dock that dint there. Do you get alerts with headphones on?

Ok. I'm restoring now but I will also look into the docking issue further.