PDA

View Full Version : Replacement iPhone, free iWork apps?

hafr
Sep 23, 2013, 07:09 AM
I just ordered a replacement iPhone 5 under warranty due to the phone having the notorious "dead despite 20 % battery left"-problem from time to time. Does anyone know if registering a replacement phone will register it as a new device?

I've been thinking about buying those apps for a while now, so getting them for free would be a nice little bonus :)

Steve121178
Sep 23, 2013, 07:20 AM
Good question. It's a 'new' device so I would expect you to be eligible for the free apps.

Having said that, if it's a refurb that's already been registered in the past it might not let you grab them for free.

jonasdamn
Sep 23, 2013, 07:34 AM
I just ordered a replacement iPhone 5 under warranty due to the phone having the notorious "dead despite 20 % battery left"-problem from time to time. Does anyone know if registering a replacement phone will register it as a new device?

I've been thinking about buying those apps for a while now, so getting them for free would be a nice little bonus :)

no, because your warranty doesnt extends and first activation date also doesnt change.

darngooddesign
Sep 23, 2013, 07:59 AM

When you get your phone, you'll be able to tell us if it works.

hafr
Sep 24, 2013, 08:00 AM
Good question. It's a 'new' device so I would expect you to be eligible for the free apps.

Having said that, if it's a refurb that's already been registered in the past it might not let you grab them for free.

no, because your warranty doesnt extends and first activation date also doesnt change.

When you get your phone, you'll be able to tell us if it works.

The replacement phone just arrived, and I'm happy to announce that a replacement phone DOES give you free access to the iWork apps :)

bchery21
Sep 24, 2013, 08:02 AM
^ lucky man...I want iWork for free :/