PDA

View Full Version : ios 7 calender - horrible

adamj575
Sep 23, 2013, 09:15 AM
I hate the new calender, too much emphasis on the day view...I really like the old view to see the month and see each days events below it...for this reason I have switched to fantastical...I would prefer to use the stock app but just cant adjust to the new view...anybody know of any work around or better alternatives?

darngooddesign
Sep 23, 2013, 09:17 AM
Fantastical is supposed to be very nice.

hafr
Sep 23, 2013, 09:20 AM
I tried a bunch of alternatives a while back, Week Calendar fits my needs perfectly.

adamj575
Sep 23, 2013, 09:29 AM
the old ios 6 default view for the calender that showed the month and the days appointments below is (for me) the absolute best solution for a calender...Its hard for me to believe that after all of their testing that someone didnt let em know that this new calender wasnt gonna cut it!

pooleman
Sep 23, 2013, 09:35 AM
So I just looked at my calander after reading this thread and noticed that my calander has weather entries for many of the days in month view. How do I remove all these weather entries?

DaBrain
Sep 23, 2013, 09:37 AM
How does one get a Holidays subscription to sow in calendar app?:confused:

lienhart
Sep 23, 2013, 09:38 AM
If you have an iPad and turn it sideways it shows the whole month with every event on each day. ;)

hafr
Sep 23, 2013, 10:13 AM
How does one get a Holidays subscription to sow in calendar app?:confused:

Remove and re-add.

mikosk
Sep 23, 2013, 10:16 AM
I hate the new calender, too much emphasis on the day view...I really like the old view to see the month and see each days events below it...for this reason I have switched to fantastical...I would prefer to use the stock app but just cant adjust to the new view...anybody know of any work around or better alternatives?

Agreed! The old month view with the days events underneath was the one I used the most actually. Why, why, why remove this and go backwards?!? With the new format, I actually get less information in a single view.

KUguardgrl13
Sep 23, 2013, 10:17 AM
They really need to go back to the old month view. I need to know when events start! Don't care when they end since most of them are classes and work.

Doc69
Sep 23, 2013, 11:28 AM
the old ios 6 default view for the calender that showed the month and the days appointments below is (for me) the absolute best solution for a calender...Its hard for me to believe that after all of their testing that someone didnt let em know that this new calender wasnt gonna cut it!

I totally agree. To work efficiently, you always need the best possible overview. Now in the iPhone Month View, you have to go back and forth between two pages instead of having both dates and appointments on one page. Big step back.

Gutwrench
Sep 23, 2013, 11:43 AM
I don't feel it's horrible but I don't like it.

I need to use it more but like everyone else I want to see a list of my appts with start times at a glance. I don't see a value of showing me empty time slots between 9 am and 1 pm. Just show me my commitments. I can figure out my openings to schedule something.

I assume in iOS 7 the functionality exists to show which invitees have accepted. I've been invited and accepted a meeting at 1 PM central and I can't tell which of the other invitees have accepted.

bigsexyy81
Sep 23, 2013, 12:29 PM
As with everything, we all have different taste. I liked the iOS 6 calendar just fine but feel the iOS 7 is just as good. I can get a good glance of the day in portrait and a good glance of the week in landscape. If I need to take a look at the following weeks I'll just swipe in landscape mode. Not a big deal to me, but I see how it would be if you used the Month view a lot.

palmerc2
Sep 23, 2013, 12:44 PM
I agree. They definitely flopped with Calendar in iOS 7. I just don't understand their reasoning behind this change.

I loved the way it was pre iOS 7. Now when I tap on a date it just doesn't show a list. Just don't get it.

load97
Sep 23, 2013, 12:51 PM
Can't get a good glance of the day in portrait. Ios 6 we did. Now a person has to scroll to make sure to not miss anything. More time consuming. Sucks BallZ

nathanlukewong
Sep 26, 2013, 10:34 PM
I used it alot as well. Thought I ws going crazy when it wasnt working!
Are there any other alternatives that still show the month view with activities and sync with icloud. I still use iCal on my mac and like how it is web-based as well.

Fantastical is supposed to be very nice.