PDA

View Full Version : Saving Notes Locally?

tttmac
Sep 23, 2013, 10:23 AM
How is this possible, On my iphone 4s with ios 6 it has the option for On this Iphone, but It seems with my 5s with ios7 it only lets me select my gmail or icloud accounts...

KUguardgrl13
Sep 23, 2013, 10:26 AM
I think that was something that changed with the iPhone 5. I've had mine since January and never had the option to save to the device.

hafr
Sep 23, 2013, 10:37 AM
How is this possible, On my iphone 4s with ios 6 it has the option for On this Iphone, but It seems with my 5s with ios7 it only lets me select my gmail or icloud accounts...

Deactivate iCloud, make a new note, activate iCloud. You'll now have the option to save new notes locally or on iCloud.

tttmac
Sep 23, 2013, 11:28 AM
Deactivate iCloud, make a new note, activate iCloud. You'll now have the option to save new notes locally or on iCloud.

that worked awesome! thanks much

whats the best way to pull it up on a macbook? I cant seem to access the notes through Mail or Itunes?

hafr
Sep 23, 2013, 12:41 PM
that worked awesome! thanks much

whats the best way to pull it up on a macbook? I cant seem to access the notes through Mail or Itunes?
Locally stored notes don't sync... Well, maybe it's possible via iTunes, but not automatically and direct as with notes stored in iCloud.