PDA

View Full Version : Apple - please auto update ONLY when plugged into the charger

djrobsd
Sep 23, 2013, 10:55 AM
There is no setting for this. You can only turn off auto update over cellular data, but they should make it so you can disable auto update when not plugged in to avoid running down your battery.

Armen
Sep 23, 2013, 11:08 AM
There is no setting for this. You can only turn off auto update over cellular data, but they should make it so you can disable auto update when not plugged in to avoid running down your battery.

Updating an app doesn't require a lot of battery power unless you have like 20 apps that need updating at once. The limit of the update is still 100MB over cellular so it's not like you're going to update a 1.2GB game that would definately use a lot of battery.

KeanosMagicHat
Sep 23, 2013, 11:45 AM

I agree with this completely and fed it back during the Beta. I only switch on the feature when I'm charging and off again straight afterward.

I'm surprised Apple didn't include this option in iOS 7.