Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kmoreau48

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 3, 2012
I was wondering if anyone had the same issue that I have. On my ipad (3rd generation) running iOS 7, it shows two languages even though the language is set to english. I tried to change de language to french and then back to enlgish but both are still showing. Here are some pictures to show what I am saying. How could I solve this problem? I don't want to restore my ipad until I know there isn't any other solution.

Attachments

• IMG_0372.PNG
    IMG_0372.PNG
    3.1 MB · Views: 161
  • IMG_0370.jpg
    IMG_0370.jpg
    320.7 KB · Views: 108
  • IMG_0371.PNG
    IMG_0371.PNG
    269.8 KB · Views: 135

Puonti

macrumors 68000
Mar 14, 2011
Go to Settings -> General -> International -> Region Format and find the correct location / language combination for you. For example, if I pick "Finnish (Finland)" I get human readable dates in Finnish even though I've selected to use English elsewhere in iOS. "Finland" on the other hand keeps everything in English, including human readable dates, while other formatting conventions remain Finnish.

kmoreau48

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 3, 2012
Go to Settings -> General -> International -> Region Format and find the correct location / language combination for you. For example, if I pick "Finnish (Finland)" I get human readable dates in Finnish even though I've selected to use English elsewhere in iOS. "Finland" on the other hand keeps everything in English, including human readable dates, while other formatting conventions remain Finnish.

It worked! Thank you.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.