PDA

View Full Version : Fingerprint unlock and code unlock?

jac23
Sep 23, 2013, 05:00 PM
At the moment I have the option of both when unlocking my phone, can you not just have fingerprint unlock without code unlock?

How so?

dhlizard
Sep 23, 2013, 05:02 PM
The number unlock is a required backup to print scanner
Also, number unlock mandatory after reboot

vaultwit
Sep 23, 2013, 05:03 PM
At the moment I have the option of both when unlocking my phone, can you not just have fingerprint unlock without code unlock?

How so?

I think you are required to have both. What if in some instance, you keep scanning your print but for whatever reason the phone doesn't recognize it? How will you get into your phone? The password is for when the fingerprint doesn't work. Which hopefully never happens, but hey, fingerprint readers aren't always perfect.

phr0ze
Sep 24, 2013, 05:49 AM
Use this opportunity to switch to a complex pass code. Apple should have made that the default on iPhone 5S, but still always a step behind on security.

Spartan23R
Sep 24, 2013, 06:28 AM
Use this opportunity to switch to a complex pass code. Apple should have made that the default on iPhone 5S, but still always a step behind on security.

Yea i've switched to complex pass code for that, but the fingerprint reader works like a charm tho!

phr0ze
Sep 24, 2013, 10:49 AM
Yea i've switched to complex pass code for that, but the fingerprint reader works like a charm tho!

Yep, I use the fingerprint sensor too.

gentlefury
Sep 24, 2013, 10:54 AM
Same here, switched to complex passcode. So it basically negates the simple pin.