Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jac23

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 27, 2010
At the moment I have the option of both when unlocking my phone, can you not just have fingerprint unlock without code unlock?

How so?

vaultwit

macrumors regular
Sep 20, 2012
At the moment I have the option of both when unlocking my phone, can you not just have fingerprint unlock without code unlock?

How so?

I think you are required to have both. What if in some instance, you keep scanning your print but for whatever reason the phone doesn't recognize it? How will you get into your phone? The password is for when the fingerprint doesn't work. Which hopefully never happens, but hey, fingerprint readers aren't always perfect.

phr0ze

macrumors 6502a
Jun 14, 2012
Columbia, MD
Use this opportunity to switch to a complex pass code. Apple should have made that the default on iPhone 5S, but still always a step behind on security.

Spartan23R

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2011
Use this opportunity to switch to a complex pass code. Apple should have made that the default on iPhone 5S, but still always a step behind on security.

Yea i've switched to complex pass code for that, but the fingerprint reader works like a charm tho!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.