PDA

View Full Version : Restoring as new v. iCloud restore

tongefactor40
Sep 23, 2013, 05:44 PM
I am losing Around 40% of my battery per hour while browsing the internet on 4g, iPhone 5, extra ios7 settings (background app, etc.) turned off.

People seem to recommend restoring the phone as NEW... Is that literal, as in, plan to lose everything, or does it mean restore from iCloud backup?

Is there a way to download contacts/etc. from iCloud without doing the full restore from the cloud?

Hope this makes sense.

charlituna
Sep 23, 2013, 05:48 PM
I am losing Around 40% of my battery per hour while browsing the internet on 4g, iPhone 5, extra ios7 settings (background app, etc.) turned off.

People seem to recommend restoring the phone as NEW... Is that literal, as in, plan to lose everything, or does it mean restore from iCloud backup?

Is there a way to download contacts/etc. from iCloud without doing the full restore from the cloud?

Hope this makes sense.

generally folks mean new as in no backups. frankly i have done restores and set up with my icloud all the time and issues don't come back. it would be worth a shot if you really needed something that would be in that backup

and yes if you hit 'set up as new' the next part is to sign into iCloud and that brings down your contacts etc and your photostream if it was on before