PDA

View Full Version : [iPhone] Tiny fonts i cant read

saolis
Sep 23, 2013, 07:28 PM
I am over forthy and as many iphone users in the world with "tired vision" (presbyopia), have a hard time reading our contacts phone numbers, why? Because there is no way until now to change the font size on the individual contact info screen, since the font size available under setting/email, contacts, calend... It only applies to the contacts list display, but when selecting a specific contact to see all their phone numbers, email, address, notes, etc. It shows on a very tiny font size that can not be changed, i does not even responds when fliping the phone to landscape to expect it to grow (like in safari). There is so much free unused blank space in that screen for the numbers and letters to grow.
Please do not rush to answer that the zoom in feature using 3 fingers is the solution, that is impossible to do using one hand and it is frustrating having to use it every time you need to call somebody. Apple knows much better than that, so i strongly belived thay could have include this fix on ios7, but they did not. Apple!!! Please help all the millions of users that do not always have their reading glasses at all times. Just ask how big is the market of reading glasses worldwide to realize how many apple users are suffering from this issues. I suggest apple and its developers should consider us when writing software for your devices, it will make a big difference.
Finally i just tried a samsung galaxy s2 and the display size available there is much bigger, i would hate to have to switch my iphone for an android. Hopefully this will be read by the right person to value my comment and help apple keep the lead on the market and satisfy an enormous group of users with this issue.
Thanks

Chazz08
Sep 23, 2013, 07:47 PM
I am over forthy and as many iphone users in the world with "tired vision" (presbyopia), have a hard time reading our contacts phone numbers, why? Because there is no way until now to change the font size on the individual contact info screen, since the font size available under setting/email, contacts, calend... It only applies to the contacts list display, but when selecting a specific contact to see all their phone numbers, email, address, notes, etc. It shows on a very tiny font size that can not be changed, i does not even responds when fliping the phone to landscape to expect it to grow (like in safari). There is so much free unused blank space in that screen for the numbers and letters to grow.
Please do not rush to answer that the zoom in feature using 3 fingers is the solution, that is impossible to do using one hand and it is frustrating having to use it every time you need to call somebody. Apple knows much better than that, so i strongly belived thay could have include this fix on ios7, but they did not. Apple!!! Please help all the millions of users that do not always have their reading glasses at all times. Just ask how big is the market of reading glasses worldwide to realize how many apple users are suffering from this issues. I suggest apple and its developers should consider us when writing software for your devices, it will make a big difference.
Finally i just tried a samsung galaxy s2 and the display size available there is much bigger, i would hate to have to switch my iphone for an android. Hopefully this will be read by the right person to value my comment and help apple keep the lead on the market and satisfy an enormous group of users with this issue.
Thanks

You can change text size......

Settings - General - Text Size

HengenJL
Sep 23, 2013, 07:55 PM
Apple does not read these forums. Leave feedback directly with Apple. http://www.apple.com/feedback/

lelisa13p
Sep 23, 2013, 08:09 PM
Settings > General > Accessibility "Bold Text" - ON makes it easier to view.

darngooddesign
Sep 23, 2013, 09:43 PM
None of these suggestions change the text size on the actual contact's page.