PDA

View Full Version : Changes that may not make sense to you

moonman239
Sep 23, 2013, 07:31 PM
1) Spotlight is now only accessible via a swipe-down gesture. I get that Apple wants Spotlight to be easily accessible, but what's wrong with letting users use the old swipe-left-in-the-first-home-screen-page gesture instead if they like that gesture?

2) Cover Flow is missing.

3) You can no longer post to Facebook or Twitter via the Notification Center.

EDIT: I've got one more.

4) You can no longer delete mail messages simply by swiping them and pressing "Delete."

maccompatible
Sep 23, 2013, 07:38 PM
This is, like, the third thread about this. Please search before making a new thread.

Chazz08
Sep 23, 2013, 07:39 PM
1)
2) Cover Flow is missing.

Cover Flow has been gone for awhile.....

redboxcar
Sep 23, 2013, 07:43 PM

Yes, this sucks.

4) You can no longer delete mail messages simply by swiping them and pressing "Delete."

You can still do this - swipe in the other direction.

TommyA6
Sep 23, 2013, 08:38 PM
1. Because it is better now, since it's accessible from every page of your home screen:) . This should be a big improvement for those who use it.

oneMadRssn
Sep 23, 2013, 09:21 PM

EDIT: I've got one more.

Notification center, in general, is now a lot less useful.

As for the mail delete, just swipe the other way.

Appler4
Sep 23, 2013, 09:31 PM
I turn pages on my iPhone and sometimes i end up with it popping down, i want the old spotlight back!

Doublea6
Sep 24, 2013, 02:13 AM
I love the new spotlight, I actually use it!

I never used the tweet or Facebook notification thing.

I like how "cover flow" is now.

So far ios 7 has been great for me. Sorry that you don't see it the same way. Maybe it will grow on you.

R.Stoychev
Sep 24, 2013, 02:49 AM
I like the Notification Center, I don't know why they removed the weather, post to Facebook or Twitter... I was using these features a lot :) Overall It's a nice update

bbfc
Sep 24, 2013, 03:02 AM
I turn pages on my iPhone and sometimes i end up with it popping down, i want the old spotlight back!

How on earth you manage to do that is beyond me?? I can't replicate that.