PDA

View Full Version : iOS 7 control center 4 app shortcuts

lighthouse_man
Sep 23, 2013, 10:21 PM
OK so the iOS has more than just simple but necessary setting toggles, it also has 4 shortcuts to an "external shell" of the camera, the clock, the calculator and a useful flashlight app.

While this all is great, it wouldn't have been that difficult to be able to customise which 4 apps to use. I for instance would have preferred a shortcut to an "external shell" of the voice memos app rather than to the calculator or to the contacts app to be able to add a contact on the fly. Some might prefer the maps app or the weather app or the stocks app. Why isn't that possible? Who knows. Maybe they'll implement this in the next upgrade.

What about you? What shortcut would you like to have there?

CarlosQG
Sep 23, 2013, 11:22 PM
Flashlight, Notes, Calculator (CALC app) & Camera+

Spartan23R
Sep 24, 2013, 01:53 AM
This will deff come in future updates.

I would like camera, notes, flashlight and tapatalk

hafr
Sep 24, 2013, 02:10 AM
I don't use these kind of app shortcuts for some reason, even when I can. On the other hand, I love being able to use shortcuts for settings. I'd like to have a 3G-toggle, cellular data-toggle, vibrate-toggle and VPN-toggle down there instead.

BulkHedd
Sep 24, 2013, 09:30 AM
Someone would probably put a "sensitive" app, like Mail or Messages on there, making it possible for someone else to access that app from the lock screen, then Apple will be blamed for it.

DaGrandMastah
Sep 24, 2013, 10:18 AM
I just like having the clock there but wish it defaulted to the alarm and not the stopwatch feature.

lighthouse_man
Sep 24, 2013, 12:12 PM
Someone would probably put a "sensitive" app, like Mail or Messages on there, making it possible for someone else to access that app from the lock screen, then Apple will be blamed for it.

Same goes for the camera app, but then Apple made it accessible as an external shell of sorts without being able to go into the library of previously taken photos. An external shell for the voice memo app is the same thing. Someone's writer and they'd appreciate recording ideas on the fly, another person is a business guy and a fast access to the stocks app would be of use to him and so forth.

It's up to the user to take care of their own privacy and security anyway but then again, you don't give it access to all apps and Apple would never do that. It would be a far better experience to have as little as a choice of uncompromising apps that meet each user's needs.